D40 140kw motor into a D22 --2.5 motor out

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazza414

Reaction score
Guys, did a search and was surprised I couldn't find any threads..maybe my search terms were the problem ?...however was wondering if anyone has done this..along with a 6 speed gearbox

for the time being lets not get bogged down with ECU /control issues.

Gazza, I have seen it discussed here but I cannot recall anyone going ahead and doing it. One of the Poms on the Club Fronteir site fitted one, he had trouble fitting the 6 speed box and ended up retaining the 5 speed. That was a few years ago mate.
HJ

thanks HJ, I was sure too it had been discussed and done--but my search failed to find anything---which doesnt mean its not here..anyway its an interesting swap and if its a relatively easy swap it would be "cheap"

Are you thinking of retaining all the d22 bolt ons and sensors and just running it as a "d22".?
And does it matter to you if the 6 speed is not acheivable?
Can see why you couldnt manually/electronically (ecu independant) select 4x4 low and high range....a few custom tailshafts here and there and a crossmember..and the 6 speed is in..dont know if you would need to "releive" some or the trans tunnel to shoehorn in the 6 speed in....
Interesting topic

Latest posts

Back