Bash Plates

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark

Reaction score
G'day Everyone,

I read in a review that the Navara was lacking protection underneath and it was advisable to get a bash plate. I have looked on 4WD accessory sites and can't find any.
Where would you go to get a bash plate? Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Mark.

i bashed the 0.000000005mm(thin piece of crap) factory front plate the other week when i slipped into a rut. Removed it this week and fitted it with a 3mm steel replacement from TJM. Cost $200 took 15 minutes to fit. i believe there are more for other parts and i am looking into them at the moment

bash plates

g'day,i've bought a d40 and was shocked to see that the sump is totally unprotected so after a while i went to Brown Davis Automotive and found the perfect plate and now waiting for them to finished there revamped transfer case cover,hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
i got the tjm bash gaurds, the one that replaces the factory splash guard and the transmission guard. 400 bucks all up.

Hey mark,

I just fired off an enquiry to Tosca insudtries in brisbane as they have Intercooler bash pates for $145. They are suited to Pathies & etch primed (no paint) but I would think one for a D40 would be much the same. Found them by Googling for Tosca & they have an online shop.

Cheers,
Barra

Hey mark,

I just fired off an enquiry to Tosca insudtries in brisbane as they have Intercooler bash pates for $145. They are suited to Pathies & etch primed (no paint) but I would think one for a D40 would be much the same. Found them by Googling for Tosca & they have an online shop.

Cheers,
Barra

My TJM bash plates arrived on Monday. I've fitted the front one but have held off on the long one that protects the gearbox and transfer box as I am having the torque converter change later this week (under warranty). Relative to the OEM plate these are real protection. The OEM is about jam tin thickness whereas the TJM jobbies are real steel and 3mm thick.

Hi Guys,
I finally got mine fitted last week by TJM at Maroochydore. The front plate was $220 and the other was $242. All up was $540 fitted.
I've just moved up here to the Sunshine Coast and can't believe how places there are to 4wd.

Does the TJM front underbody guard protect the sump as well or just the front of the vehicle?

Spoke to TJM store in Dandenong today about this but the guy i spoke to couldn't give me an answer.:confused:

Today i got the TJM front and transmision guards,they are hiding under my tonneau so the missus doesn't know whats going on. :girlshit: I'm going to fit them this weekend.They seem heavy duty.

yeah the transmission guard is a bit of fun to put on by yourself. front guard is no worries cos its small. mine have taken some hits and they are holding up great, should take them off every couple of months to give them a really good clean.

Today i got the TJM front and transmision guards,they are hiding under my tonneau so the missus doesn't know whats going on. :girlshit: I'm going to fit them this weekend.They seem heavy duty.

i know how you feel....i have to do cash jobs on the weekend to skim cash to secretly spend $$ on my ute to not alert my mrs.

i know how you feel....i have to do cash jobs on the weekend to skim cash to secretly spend $$ on my ute to not alert my mrs.

ROFL! Thankfully my missus doesn't care too much as long as I keep food on the table and a roof over our head first, after that I can do what I want. :big_smile:

Fitted the bash plates today,the missus still doesn't know about them and this morning i was wondering how i was going to go about this.She helped me out big time.Turns out she and a friend,who is getting married soon were going shopping for clothes(skimpy stuff)for said friends honeymoon.
So a quick think about her announcement.I said why dont you get some new stuff as well,winters coming up,you might need a new jacket etc.
This will give me leverage to my next purchase.

They left and i sprung into action(this happens sometimes).
First up nav up on the ramps.Iput it in 4x4 because i've had ramps try to slip forward before.

P2280226.jpg

Next i had to remove part of the bumper bar to get to the top bolts of the stock bash plate.They unbolt easily.

The old,the new and part of the bumper i had to remove.
P2280230.jpg

I fitted the new front plate and that was my first mistake.If you are going to fit both front and transmision plates at the same time,do the trans first as the front plate will be on the underside of it.

The trans plate comes with spacers that go between the plate and the engine cross member,these were going to be tricky to fit once the plate was in position,if at all posible,so good old duct tape came to the rescue as it so often does.
P2280237.jpg

Next step was to position the trans plate,i grabbed my trolley jack and lifted/dragged the plate on top of it,using knees,arms,head etc to help with balance.That was when i realized that the trans plate goes on first.
I managed to get the front plate bolts loose,and the two rearmost ones out while still balancing the trans plate,slid it into position and got a couple of bolts into it.Next thing to remember is not to do the bolts up before you have started all of them.There is a bit of jiggling around to find holes etc.

Fitted.
P2280238.jpg

The new front plate doesn't have provision to rebolt the lower part of the bumper that bolted onto the stock plate,so tommorrow i will drill and put in some large self tappers.

The new front plate doesn't have provision to rebolt the lower part of the bumper that bolted onto the stock plate,so tommorrow i will drill and put in some large self tappers.

Well done with the fit up mate, there is a fix for this, fit a bull bar, but it might be a little harder to hide that from the missus. :big_smile:

Latest posts

Back