cleaning pollen filter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joffo81

Reaction score
Hi fellow Navmen,
Has anyone cleaned the pollen filter before? My air con is struggling to put air out the vents and I think the filter must be clogged with dust.

Can anyone tell me where the filter is located, how to access it and whether it can simply be cleaned with compressed air or whether there is a cheap replacement element available.

It hasn't bothered me much til now but it was bloody hot today and the windows down just didn't cut it!:redcool:

If there is one it should be up behind the glove box or under the wiper scuttle grill hope that helps

Thanks. But, has anyone changed theirs before? Is it a throwaway job or just blow with air and go again? Surely someone has done cleaned/replaced it before?

Going by most pollen filters I've seen you wont know until you pull it out whether it can be blown or needs replacing. Even some that Nissan (and other manufacturers) claim can't be cleaned can be cleaned but I don't know what's in a D22, if they are the same as the D40's, which I'm not sure they are, I'd suggest you could clean them a few times before they are too bad.

My d40 had two, made from a washable material. Repco sell them for around $40 pair.

No pollen filter in a d22 but leaves get into the drum fan through the cowl pannel and block the fan. I have cleaned my fan out twice, it is located up under the glove box which you need to remove to access it.

Thanks Peter. I was sure some variants of D22s had a pollen filter but I could be wrong. Definitely no dust comes into the cab with the fan on so there must be a filter somewhere?!
I'll look behind the glovebox when I have a chance and see what I can find.

Latest posts

Back