ZD30 D22 hard to start

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glow plugs try turning key on and watching your glow plug symbol when light goes out do it again, 2 or 3 times then try starting it, and see what happens use to have to glow my old hilux 2 or 3 times on a cold morning till i replaced them.

Cheers d22dave, I'll have a stab at that tomorrow morning! After that i think I'll have a go at reading engine codes myself by using the wire bridge across diagnosis terminals...hopefully it works and doesn't short anything!

let me know how you go. glow plugs they say last 100,000 km,s but the ford courier at work,s done 120,000 km,s and is on its 3rd set but it does a lot of stop start driving around the farm

Ah i see, don't no service history prior 120000 so could be possible they are shot, I'll see how I go tomorrow

Just a quick update, checked fault codes this morning, got 0407...pretty sure thy code is for crank pos sen,
Tried your method of glowing 3 times, first Start of day and no issues starting...

Will do, cheers.
Spoke to a couple of Nissan dealers, one tried to tell me that my d22 won't have a Cas...other one told me starter motor is 99% likely to be buggered. Haha both told me I did the fault code wrong and need a proper machine to do it and it'll cost me 137$ to do so..bastards

Just a quick update, checked fault codes this morning, got 0407...pretty sure thy code is for crank pos sen,
Tried your method of glowing 3 times, first Start of day and no issues starting...[/QUOTE try it for a few days and see if it keeps starting ok. If it does keep starting fine think about doing glow plugs and then get fault codes wiped and see if it reappears. Fault codes are funny they dont always mean what they seem, Sometimes something else causes a problem . So you can fix the fault but not the cause. So maybe it could be the continuous cranking trying to start could lead to fault code showing up , good luck let us know how you go

Yeah I think your right Dave, I'll give it a few trials nd see if I can narrow it down. Thanks heaps to everyone for helping me get my head around another problem!! Even though it's not solved yet I feel like I've nearly got there,

Well i threw my truck on the diagnostic machine today... She came back with a clean bill of health.... Glowed it 3-4 times this morning (first start of the day) and Wella..... She was a goer.... As Greesie said, havnt solved the problem yet but i think im 99.9% sure a glow plug or 2 has flamed out...
Thanks to every one... when i thow a new set in ill let yas know how i got on :-D...

Cheers Troy

Update?

Hey Troy how'd ya go?
Ive just done a rebuild and sufffering the same problems( the plugs tested well so I reused 'em)
regards
Rog

Any luck with you're guys?
I've had battery, starter and plugs testes, all good. Just had it in at Nissan and they said it was definatly 100% dodgy Cas. They replaced sensor, cost me 600 buckS. Just got home and the god damn thing did it again!!! Really startin to piss me off.
Gonna call em up tomorrow and see what they have to say, they better sort me out with something cus I even said to the guy what if it isn't the actuall sensor but somethig making the sensor get dodgy readings and he assured me this would not happen and if it threw a fault code it could only be a dodgy sensor itself.... Hahaha fun and games of cars and mechanics ey

Greesie, you need to go get your money back if they ain't fixed it. That's a lot to spend for no result. Could justify it if it was now hunky dory.
Good luck with it mate, don't give in like they might hope you do.

Haha do you rekon I'd have a shot at getting my money back? I will defiantly be trying though! Was even thinkin if they refund me money as they replaced a part that wasn't broken for the actual part, then the labour part of the bill could be exchanges for the labour on what else they think is wrong...haha probably paranoid but I can't trust mechanics

Well guys... Almost 12 months without a single issue and my navara is doing it again... Started it on Saturday drove 15 mins... Stopped for 10 then got back in and refused to start and has been playing up ever since.... How did you others go???

Cheers Troy...

Mine has never done it, even with 245,000km's on the clock and the original glow plugs.

Latest posts

Back