What warranty work has your D40 had done.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate,
perform OK but lack of good bash plates, low ground clearance, exposed vitals, piddly clutch (for us gear jammers) etc. My last rig was a GU ute with none of the things I just listed, hence my staemnt about "softroader'.

Barra

Bob,

hoping to head up there in early September as long as my son gets his A into gear. he is planning on coming up as well & we are hoping to take the OTT. Let us know how you go.

Barra

New torque converter will be installed on Thursday. Vehicle has done just 2200km. Nothing but good things to say about the dealer and Nissan on this one though they couldn't have been more helpful. In fact the dealer tech couldn't diagnose the problem but put my point description of it to Nissan Tech Services and within the hour Nissan had told them to change to an 'upspec' torque converter that would be dispatched immediately. Voila - week later it will be fitted.
+1 for the good guys :))

im getting a new flywheel on my D40, nissan said they have done a few in the last few months and its a defect with the flywheel and they upgrade to a completly different unit. i guess the reason they dont put out a recall is because its a big job to get the box out.

Mate,
perform OK but lack of good bash plates, low ground clearance, exposed vitals, piddly clutch (for us gear jammers) etc. My last rig was a GU ute with none of the things I just listed, hence my staemnt about "softroader'.

Barra

I guess I'm about to experience some of what you have. My previous ride was a 98 GU 2.8tdi - harmonic balance spun on the crank and also gear cluster was really really noisy. Had several quotes to fix and the cheapest was close to $20K and I elected to go for the D40 instead. Starting to get over extreme 4WDriving and more into touring on longer trips so hoping I'm not going to be too disappointed when I finally get the rig completed.

Last edited:
New torque converter fitted and everything seems to be OK. Having a look over everything and found a bolt missing from the front driver's side chassis/suspension (see pic)

Attachments

• IMG_2229.jpg
    IMG_2229.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 161
They lost it mate... Gee... Give them a break. :sarcastic:

Their apprentice said that it would be fine as there are 3 left :no:

Seriously. Thats pretty sh!t.......

They lost it mate... Gee... Give them a break. :sarcastic:

Their apprentice said that it would be fine as there are 3 left :no:

Seriously. Thats pretty sh!t.......

It looks like the production line robot had a couple of goes to insert the bolt - maybe if there was a bit of hair around it he would have gotten it in :). Could have been approaching siesta time in Spain when mine was built.

anyone else had transfer case leaks? im onto my 3rd leak.. front driveshaft seal. Apparently the first leak that a different dealership fixed they modified something to stop the leak, but they couldnt tell me because it didnt say much on their computer.

Its at nissan now getting the clutch and leak fixed and a annoying rattle from the airbox after the snorkel got fitted a few weeks ago.

warranties

Gday guys well so far got 15000km on ute. Its a king cab cant stop the rear doors from coming loose and rattling. bonnet squeaks constantly been told this is a common thing cant be fixed. flywheel is due to be changed because of noise it making. had no bar to wind down wheel when i got a flat lucky had my tools on back. ABS sensor. Basically my dealer must hate the site of me

nov 07 40000 ....air box blow the side out of it..nissan just through the hands up..to hard to sort out..going to cost me $650 for new one... but sortd that 1 out quick smart ...pocket under stereo snapped out the first week ..nissan said they done make them any more so tuff luck. sortd that out to ...took them 6 months to put nudge bar on...its amazing when u got a mate in nissan dealership..what happens when u ring him and tell him u are goting to buy a triton.every thing get fixed with in 2 days....but all in all a great truck......mick

both inner rods (they connect the tie rods to the rack & pinion unit) replaced at 23,000 km. they started to rattle at around 15,000 km

Thanks for the advice on the duct tape steeld40 does work great probably the most annoying noise in the world that bonnet.

just had a new drivers seat fitted under warranty as the breast/shoulder pad broke away from the frame and caused a hole in the cover. told nissan @ lakeside adelaide, 1 week later new seat.

40 000k front seal on transfer case input shaft. Had to speedy sleeve seal diameter due to damage by a "foreign body" the dealer said.

Next service I will be getting my power window switch (rear left side) fixed, and a new steering wheel as the paint is peeling off..

I will try them for new rotors also... 28k aroud town, only tow a boat 5klm once a fortnight, and the rotors are rooted..... IMO Nissan have fu(ked with the brake package... There cheap and nasty.. If they don't replace them, I will fit off after market rotors and Bendix or QFM pads

Next service I will be getting my power window switch (rear left side) fixed, and a new steering wheel as the paint is peeling off..

I will try them for new rotors also... 28k aroud town, only tow a boat 5klm once a fortnight, and the rotors are rooted..... IMO Nissan have fu(ked with the brake package... There cheap and nasty.. If they don't replace them, I will fit off after market rotors and Bendix or QFM pads

Hey m8
mines just about to go in for its 40k service and as i was replacing the rims/tyres i was checking the pads Thursday. All looks good still have around a 3rd of a pad left. I have spent a large proportion of that 40k towing my 2.5 tonne boat both city and country. Weekdays the wife drives it. Im surprised by what your saying.
Peter

injectors

89000 and getting new injectors and rail next week. the economy has gone to crap but nissan say "it is acceptable". luckly it also has a rattle/knock under light load so nissan did a check and found a fault in one injector so now will replace the lot. First nissan say their is no problem with the fuel economy and in the next sentence they say there is a problem with the injectors? :suicide:

Latest posts

Back