1997 D22 loose accelerator pedal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangaRep13

Reaction score
Hey guys, Been following this site for a while, just thought I'd join in.

As the title states I have a loose accelerator pedal, I have no knowledge on how to adjust this. Its a 3.2D st 4X4 duel cab. Has done 284 000Km/s and all servicing has been kept up, I feel that this problem is affecting my acceleration and overal speed, any thoughts?

Also how many Km/s do you guys normally get from a full tank? I'm averaging around 420Km per tank.

Cheers
Braydon

I have the same thing with my 97 dual cad st. Not quite that many k'a yet but also have a Loose accelerator pedal and I thought the same thing but I got the mrs to push on and off on it and i checked the throttle and it is opening it all the way (that I can tell.) And as or the km/tank I used to get about that with 265/75/65 muddies but have just put 33/12.5/15 muddies on so I assume it will go down a bit.

Hi guys,

There is a cable adjuster down on/near the fuel pump.

Mine was the same but mine was almost worn right through.

With fuel consumption, if you try to hang on to 100kph on the highway you will chew through the fuel pretty quick. Keeping the revs to below 2500 will give you better consumption. I get about 700+kms to the tank full. I have 31x10.5x15 tyres.

Alan

Yeh my cable is starting to wear out too. I've notice a couple of the strands of wire are snapped. But only say 3 out of 10 (dunno exactly how many strands just to give a example) I know with mine I used a sat nav and to do 100 road speed my dash speedo reads just under 90 and doing about 2400rpm in 5th gear.

I've played with the adjuster following the service manual, but the inner cable won't adjust, I'm thinking about adding a spacer or getting a new cable, thoughts?

If you replace the cable let us know how difficult it was and how much it cost. I should really replace mine seeing as its fraying, but I have bigger problem so fix before that, (ie 2 bolts snapped on rocker cover, tie rods, ball joints, ect. ) and if it lets go there's always the hand throttle to get me home.

I can't seem to find a cable, gotta go in for a service soon so I might get the mechanic to do it, I've gotta do my cv's soon too $260 for both sides isn't to bad at all, might stop some noise and help the suspension a bit

By lengthening the outer cable with the adjuster, you are taking the slack out of the inner cable.

With mine, I used a motorcycle inner brake cable. I just measured the thickness with a vernier and got one the same. Nissan wanted the equivalent of a left testicle for the part. You could try a wrecking yard for one in good condition.

Alan

Latest posts

Back