Cobez's 2006 STX

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guys, the D40 and been deregistered and insurance removed, just bought a 2020 D23 ST 4x4 that i'm picking up tomorrow. 😄

So i'm still in the Nav game! Unsure as to what to do with the D40. Needs a new SCV, so it can sit and have a rest until i replace that.

Well guys, the D40 and been deregistered and insurance removed, just bought a 2020 D23 ST 4x4 that i'm picking up tomorrow. 😄

So i'm still in the Nav game! Unsure as to what to do with the D40. Needs a new SCV, so it can sit and have a rest until i replace that.
Congrats on the new vehicle. Enjoy!

Thanks Joe! I ummm'd and ahhh'd about it, but since December i have spent about $1500 on parts for it that have either failed or were on the way out, i have to draw the line somewhere. Once the SCV crapped itself on Monday and killed the boost, that was enough for me.

Bit over spending weekends replacing things when i should be out fishing with friends or having a sesh at the local. Tossed up between an Amarok and the D23, but we literally just bought an Amarok Enduro for the new work ute, and to be honest up close, they aren't that great. Less torque and power than the D23, yet $6000 or so more in price.

Plus the D23 is just such a nice looking ute, so i took the plunge. 2.3L biturbo. The only thing i dislike, is the frigging DPF. First ute i have owned with one on it lol.

Haha, the joys of the DPF.

Well you would have received delivery by now and making excuses to go for another drive. I hope it serves you well.

Apart from a radiator cap which was begrudgingly replaced by the dealer under warranty and a rear uni joint, the only thing that let me down on the D40 was the DPF. The DPF has gone now and replaced by a DEA 3'' system but like a lot of aftermarket exhausts I have had, this has led to problems with the dump pipe fracturing most of the way around, after about 40,000ks. I should have just gutted the DPF and kept the original exhaust except some of thr DPF internals found their way into the muffler when it failed!

The Nav wasn't a great tow vehicle for our size van so only gets driven occasionally but the replacement Yank ute also has a DPF and uses Adblue. Fingers crossed that there are no issues down the track. If Nissan sold a RHD version of the Titan with the Cummins in Australia, I would have considered that.

I have never really looked at the Amarok but they don't seem to have changed much over the years. It's probably not surprising that they arn't as impressive as the Navara. I see that the biturbo is 140kw and 450Nm. Nice.

Haha, the joys of the DPF.

Well you would have received delivery by now and making excuses to go for another drive. I hope it serves you well.

Apart from a radiator cap which was begrudgingly replaced by the dealer under warranty and a rear uni joint, the only thing that let me down on the D40 was the DPF. The DPF has gone now and replaced by a DEA 3'' system but like a lot of aftermarket exhausts I have had, this has led to problems with the dump pipe fracturing most of the way around, after about 40,000ks. I should have just gutted the DPF and kept the original exhaust except some of thr DPF internals found their way into the muffler when it failed!

The Nav wasn't a great tow vehicle for our size van so only gets driven occasionally but the replacement Yank ute also has a DPF and uses Adblue. Fingers crossed that there are no issues down the track. If Nissan sold a RHD version of the Titan with the Cummins in Australia, I would have considered that.

I have never really looked at the Amarok but they don't seem to have changed much over the years. It's probably not surprising that they arn't as impressive as the Navara. I see that the biturbo is 140kw and 450Nm. Nice.

I agree mate, the D40's have been a solid long lasting ute. Mine had no DPF being a 2006, but it still currently gets a touch over 1000kms to a tank of Vortex diesel on 305's with the bar work. So i reckon it will be a half easy sale even without a roady and rego.

The only thing the D23 will get for the foreseeable future is the bullbar and some 265's. It's got 5 year warranty on it so i don't to give Nissan any excuses to reject any warranty claims etc by having too much aftermarket stuff on it.

The bastard thing is, the DPF on these is apart of the dump pipe, so it will need a dyno tune to be able to get rid of it. Can't really be arsed with that, and a DPF back exhaust is pointless really.

Mine had no DPF being a 2006, but it still currently gets a touch over 1000kms to a tank of Vortex diesel on 305's with the bar work.

Interested to know how you are getting that economy. All highway driving? Mine runs just under 10l/100km on stock tyres, which means refuelling under 700 or I get nervous about the needle falling off the gauge. I thought that was about standard fuel consumption. Suppose it gets down to 8ish on the highway, but it’s rare for me to do a full tank at highway speeds.

Our 2011 R51 is very similar in economy. 10 around town, 8 on the highway with not much on board.

Have you accounted for the change in tyre diameter? Has the economy changed since new?

Interested to know how you are getting that economy. All highway driving? Mine runs just under 10l/100km on stock tyres, which means refuelling under 700 or I get nervous about the needle falling off the gauge. I thought that was about standard fuel consumption. Suppose it gets down to 8ish on the highway, but it’s rare for me to do a full tank at highway speeds.

Our 2011 R51 is very similar in economy. 10 around town, 8 on the highway with not much on board.

Have you accounted for the change in tyre diameter? Has the economy changed since new?

3" dump pipe into exhaust, boost controller, aftermarket intercooler and a bit of other gear, barely have to touch the pedal to get it to move.

I filled up a full tank of Vortex diesel, did 244kms and used bang on 1/4 of a tank. That's full on highway driving though. Big wide country highways at 110km/h.

Around town, no chance it would get that kind of economy.

I agree mate, the D40's have been a solid long lasting ute. Mine had no DPF being a 2006, but it still currently gets a touch over 1000kms to a tank of Vortex diesel on 305's with the bar work. So i reckon it will be a half easy sale even without a roady and rego.

The only thing the D23 will get for the foreseeable future is the bullbar and some 265's. It's got 5 year warranty on it so i don't to give Nissan any excuses to reject any warranty claims etc by having too much aftermarket stuff on it.

The bastard thing is, the DPF on these is apart of the dump pipe, so it will need a dyno tune to be able to get rid of it. Can't really be arsed with that, and a DPF back exhaust is pointless really.
That's great economy. I can can get into the low 9lph and sometimes nudge high 8's on the highway but have also been almost 30lph towing into a stiff wind at about 70-80kph. That hurt.

At least if or when the time comes, it's still possible to DPF delete the Navara relatively cheaply, unlike some manufacturers who are now going down the path of encrypting the ECM.

Gee, you need update your profile pic now :)

Yeah i was very surprised. Did not get that kind of economy on Shell diesel. But before the SCV went it was sitting on a steady 19psi at 2700 revs, around 12 on cruise control at 110kms. Carrying basically no weight in the ute besides 4 fishing rods, a small tackle box and a bag of clothes.

Around town, would get nowhere near that figure at all. But in saying that, the trip i based that one was an extremely good run, hardly any stopping and starting for 4 hours straight driving.

Yeah exactly on the DPF front, it needs a full retune if the DPF is to go. I really can't be arsed with that to be honest. This ute is going to be mild compared to the D40, which wasn't that wild compared to some anyway. 2" lift with be fine, they sit really high with just 2" suspension lift and some 265's.

I'll start a new thread soon enough. First mods to the D23 will be a Munji EGR delete cable and a Provent 200 kit. That way i can take the cable out when it goes in for it's first service.

Well, the D40 was sold and collected yesterday. New owner is absolutely wrapped with it and how it drives. He confirmed the fuel usage was unreal as well. It's gone to a good home down by the beach to live out the rest of it's days haha.

I had better start a D23 build thread i suppose. It's getting some new shoes today after work.

Well, the D40 was sold and collected yesterday. New owner is absolutely wrapped with it and how it drives. He confirmed the fuel usage was unreal as well. It's gone to a good home down by the beach to live out the rest of it's days haha.

I had better start a D23 build thread i suppose. It's getting some new shoes today after work.
That was quick. Glad everyone is happy.

Latest posts

Back