The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not real happy not known that there was (is) a test vehicle already in Brisbane I have just come back from there had I known I would have also taken it for a test drive. Listen guys I don't know about you but this the most I have ever paid for a vehicle and as Nissan has'nt put out their price offically dose anyone want to compare prices before contracts are completed? This might help others when it's time to bargain. Here's my drive away price for vehicle only. (Do not include extras in drive away price)

Colour - Black
ABN - Yes
Drive away - $ 62960.

Cheers hunter

Ekka, I was halfway home before I remembered to take some pics. I also saw an Amarock at the Dealer in Kedron. They have one which is being used as a demo. I climed all over it and let me tell you that I was very disappointed. For example, the seat behind the driver folds up like the Nav but to hold it in place is a hockey strap that is connected to the bottom part of the seat and hooks onto the headrest post. The larger section behind the passenger's seat appears fixed. I couldn't lift it up. The interior is very very plain. The door trims are hard plastic and the arm rests on the finish on the door panels look like the reverse side on vinyl. The vehicle was very basic to say the least. Under the bonnet, there was no cover over the engine. All the injector electronics and other plumbing were visable. I couldn't see any brackets to hold a cover because I thought it had been taken off. In the tub there were 4 tie down 'D' shackles that were attached to the floor with small plastic saddles, two small bolts on each saddle.
I will be going past there again tomorrow I will try to get a few pics.

Hi Hunter sounds like about the same as i'm up for, I'm according to the contract up for $65500.00 but included in that price is an Eclipse GPS stereo with reversing camera included which is around the $2000 mark i believe so at that rate i would be on par with your price without the stereo.

Still about a week to wait, it's a pain, Tell me how long does it take to get the thing from melbourne to tassie, i can get things from america quicker. Things move slowly here for sure.

Last edited:
I can't believe the times that Nissan is making people wait, I have had a st-x 4 2.5 auto on order since late October. I believe that the ship docks on the 26th of this month so at least it is close.

I'm suprised about the wait on the series 4, back in 09 after they could blame the GFC the wait was about 8 weeks but 4 months. The whole V6 thing doesn't suprise me because it's a world wide issue but the series 4 shouldn't be. Dunno about other parts of the country but Nissan have just recently started a huge ad campaign for the series 4 around here, nearly every second ad break has a Nav ad in it.

I took some pics of the Amarok today showing the items I mentioned in a previous post. There are 6 pics in the gallery.

Doug

Last edited:
You are right the Amorak is definetly pretty ordinary, a very unprofessionally finished vehicle. What do they expect those hold down hooks to do.
I was hoping for Navara 550 photos.

Sorry my friend, I have no need to drive down to springwood in the next few weeks. I should have mine by the end of next week so when I get it I will post a few picks in the gallery.

Mine should also be delivered next week. Hoeg Shanghai is just docking in Port Kembla. Pretty sad life I've got, watching it's progress on google earth.

It is a sad state, waiting that is. Im filling my time looking at finance rates, its scary the total amount paid between different financiers. a 0.5% difference = $thousands at the end.

Chris

OH for god's sake Nissan put these poor soles out of their misery and give them a bloody ute, screw the rest of the world and immediately divert all ships freighting Nissans to Australia.

There ya go I did my part for you lot.

Thanks Krafty, I need some support. I never knew ships were so slow. Anyway tomorrow is the big day of arrival. I am so excited I've got a woody a chainsaw wouldn't cut.

He's not around to defend himself so that came only mean one thing. He's Fair Game!!

Hi every one
Just saying hi as i am new here. I also have an STX 550 on order and I have been told I can pick up on Friday

I sold my 07 D40 Nav last Thursday to a mates brother so am now ute less for a couple of days so I am very much looking forward to taking delivery on the new rig

cheers

Hi matty190, glad to hear yours is almost ready. Where are you picking it up from?

Hi every one
Just saying hi as i am new here. I also have an STX 550 on order and I have been told I can pick up on Friday

I sold my 07 D40 Nav last Thursday to a mates brother so am now ute less for a couple of days so I am very much looking forward to taking delivery on the new rig

cheers

Hi Matty are you still taking delivery today? What colour did you get?
Cheers hunter

Latest posts

Back