EGR/Butterfly Mod Super Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Champion ! So undo both bolts slide in blank plate, gasket on zorst side , tighten up thx for coming ?!

I have the African D22 3.0 imported to here in the UK,
As i only have 2 solenoids i think im right in saying that all i have to do is blank the EGR , no vac pipe changes needed ?

I have the solenoid with the burgandy plug and also the solenoid with the green plug.

Hope someone can clarify this.

Im brand new come say hi to me in the "new comers" section :)

I have the African D22 3.0 imported to here in the UK,
As i only have 2 solenoids i think im right in saying that all i have to do is blank the EGR , no vac pipe changes needed ?

I have the solenoid with the burgandy plug and also the solenoid with the green plug.

Hope someone can clarify this.

Im brand new come say hi to me in the "new comers" section :)

correct.

i've seen one before that dosn't have the egr butterfly setup. some markets must have different emission standards so they don't have that setup.

Thanks for that,

Would it be worth unplugging the swirl valve ? ( assuming i have one ) ?

a little debatable. i noticed a slight gain in lower rpm performance.
i did read there is a slight gain in volumetric efficacy withe swirl valve off.

been a few here who have notice a good gain with it off, but they where also chipped. ie they could make use of the extra air.

anyone knows for the best position of the second battery system?

Maybe not to best thread to 'jack to get your answer..
Try a search our use the forum button at the top and scroll down to the model of your car

I currently have my head off replacing it and ive snapped off my egr bilts on my manifold outleft , could i weld a plate over that and do the swirl mod ? Will it show check engine light at all

I currently have my head off replacing it and ive snapped off my egr bilts on my manifold outleft , could i weld a plate over that and do the swirl mod ? Will it show check engine light at all

plate over the egr is fine. the usual welding cast advice applies.
but its the butterfly mod you want to do. the swirl mod is a minor extra you can do as well but its not important. the butterfly mod is the important bit.

Latest posts

Back