oil leaks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indio2010

Reaction score
ok so i have had my navara now for just over a year and i have done 46,000kms already. i now have oil leaks as evidence from my concrete driveway. well i have a 2000 diesel hilux and took it to 500,000km and never got oil leaks but i am totally dissapointed that at such a low mileage that i am leaking oil already!! depending on how im treated at nissan when i tell them will decide whether i have made a bad decision picking a nissan.

yes an oil leak isn,t the end of the world so to speak as it could be something very simple like a not so tight oil filter / bad sump plug washer ] lose sump / gearbox / diff drain plug. can you have a peep to see where this oil leak is ?
as for the toyota, a mate has a late model 4 x 4 hilux and it has an oil leak , approx 20k on the clock so you can,t put total blame on the car make.

a one off oil leak isnt the end of the world but from my experience, persistant oil leaks are a massive head ache. imagine doing a 700km drive one day and u are wondering whether ur engine is running out of oil. at this stage its too early to say its persistant but at 46,000 from brand new, thats terrible. as for make of the model, if ur familiar with holden commodores (all models) then u know they all they drop their guts on the driveway. have a look at the driveways and garages of holden commodore owners.

can you track where the oil is leaking from ? sounds very unusual for a nissan with those low K,s on the clock to be prematurely leaking oil unless something is lose as mentioned. my son has a navara 2.5 with about 70k on the clock and the engine still looks brand new with not a sign of any oil droplets , i know as i change his oils etc etc . so get out the degreaser spray from supercheap and clean the engine then find the oil leak.

My rear diff leaked oil from new, went back to Nissan twice and I still had to fix it myself.

Latest posts

Back