HELP with ECU/Chip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D40_Nav

Reaction score
Hi all im new on here, been reading and getting alot of info for a while.

Anyway ive got a 07 D40 ST-X ive got a straight through 2.5" exhaust, EGR mod, snorkel ect and im in the process of ungrading the cooler. I had one lying round in the shed and put it to use, its quite big, 600x300, i know im expecting it to be a lag monster but to help with it im going to get something done with the ECU. Only thing is im unsure of which way to go, ECU re-map of a "Chip".
Any help/suggestions much appreciated.

Welcome to the forum!

You could change your rubber air hoses for metal. Removing the possibility of expansion of the hoses will probably more than cater for the increase in lag due to the larger cooler (I wouldn't think it would be too bad anyway).

You can block the EGR valve which will also assist in reducing lag a little.

Adding a chip - particularly one that controls the turbocharger as well - will certainly give you a boost and may remove more lag. You'll also enjoy the extra power.

That comes with a price though. Changing the tubing and blocking the egr is relatively inexpensive, the chip (you should get it with an EGT gauge) will set you back considerably more.

Hello there fairly new to this myself. Was wondering where to get a hard pipe from for the Turbo to intercooler?
Cheers

thanks for the advice. Ive already blocked the EGR and am doing the tubing atm while plumbing up the bigger cooler.

Thanks, will check it out. Rang Nissan for a price on the new ones with the stainless spiral and they quoted around $350.

Latest posts

Back