Rwc condition report

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustStock..

Reaction score
So I just tried to roady my car as it run out of reg long ago and I got the list of rejected items, a lot of simple stuff a bricklayer can fix, but a few things I have no idea about, if someone could explain how bad they are or just shine a light on getting my ute roady in Victoria that would be greatly appreciated.

Rear main seal leak?
Crank seal leak?
Turbo oil leak? Only got a new turbo 15,000km ago
Tighten rhf wheel bearings?? Is that easy?
Rear wheel cylinders?

These are I think the majors the dude at the mechanic was a complete knob so didn't explain nothing, he failed my windscreen with no cracks or chips I asked him why and he couldn't tell me, he said it failed need to be replaced end of!

Would they say it's leaking if oil is spilt on it from changing filter, do you reckon they would of checked properly?

Main question would be is my car ****ed?
It's an 05 diesel with 258000 km plenty of life, no?

Any advice would be great đź‘Ť

there is probably a ton of oil over turbo which is coming from the breather.
i would take a look under and see where the leaks are coming from.
i can't remember if there is a bung at the bottom of the bell housing. if rear crank seal has gone then oil ends up there.

may pay just to degrease the engine before taking it back.

front wheel bearing is fairly easy to do.

I got told (by my parents who live there) that NO car will pass a RWC without a new windscreen.

Their car has a perfect windscreen and they were told they STILL have to replace it. This is from the Ford dealer who serviced it its entire life and just sold them a new Territory.

I'm worried what sounded like someone trying to pull a swifty over an older couple might actually be the requirement now.

that doesn,ty sound right to me. as long as the windscreen has no visible defects it will be o.k. whats going on in life ????????? everyone is getting ripped off.

Sounds like he's trying to make it hard. Give it a good degrease and take it somewhere else for a second opinion. - Might be an idea to give them a couple stupid things to pick on so they dont have to get too imaginative - an indicator bulb or dodgy fuse for the horn or something.

hey had a car in for an rwc some time ago and it didn,t pass due to the cigarette lighter not working, hows that for crap. also if you have spot l;ights mounted you need to have them wired up and working or it wont pass the rwc. whats going on.

I did read something a while back regarding the windscreen adhesive being considered illegal after 5 years and replacement was required. A quick Google turned up nothing related to it now though. As for the cig lighter, perhaps they dont want you lighting your fag with matches when you drive.

should go back to the good old days where the windscreens were held in by a nice large oval shaped grommet, no glue .

should go back to the good old days where the windscreens were held in by a nice large oval shaped grommet, no glue .
the catch is the front window is part of the vehicle structure.
they went from rubber ring to urethane, no doubt because urethane is a lot stiffer and can hold the front more rigid.

Latest posts

Back