chainsaw?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

308bever

Reaction score
never owned a chainsaw, but wouldn`t mind to get one for fire wood and clearing fallen trees. what do you blokes carry when out and about? brands and bar sizes? i`ve been looking at 16 inch bars but ebay seems to be full of 20 and 22 inch bars, they seem big, but better than my old bow saw (((-; do you really need an $800 stihl or for odd jobs is the $150 ebay special all you need? and safe? thanks stewart

I have a husquvarna 365, it's a 65 cc engine with a 20 inch bar. Bit big for your casual needs, I use it to get firewood for the long cold winters around Daylesford, I also have a little 235 husky with a 14 inch bar, carry it when I go 4wdriving and camping and hunting. Also use it to cut up smaller wood for the fire. Cuts 10 to 15 cm diameter logs pretty easy, it's a name brand but from memory was well under $300.

I have one of those Baumr Ag chainsaws of eBay. Have had it for 7yrs+ maybe and it's been worked hard and gets handed around the family. Still goes to date and works just as good as day one. Also bought myself one of the arborist chainsaws recently in the same brand for taking camping .Also was a very good investment

A few years ago I bought a Stihl MS362 MC its a fantastic size/power and weight for firewood cutting & felling. It cost me $1360 which seemed expensive but its paid for itself many times over; $120 per cubic meter for wood delivered where I am. 10 minutes from home I can cut a ute load of standing dead ironbark whenever I please. The saw will keep going for many many years to come. It's been a good investment.

http://www.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Products/Chainsaws/Professional-Chainsaws/22327-1573/MS-362-C-M.aspx

PS the Timberline sharpener rocks and has also saved me time and money, nothing like a sharp chain; another good investment :)

https://www.timberlinesharpener.com/

I live in my mates house (house sitting while he is away). He bought one of those $99 ozito mini chainsaws from bunnings about 4 years ago. He knew it was crap and he bought it for one job only. The bloody thing is still running and it gets used and abused constantly. If I ever buy one Ill get one of those haha, so small and easy to carry around. I take it camping with me all the time.

I bought a gardenline petrol axe from ALDI during one of their sales & it just won't die.

$199, cuts like an angry bastard and 3 years warranty. Kill it and buy another if need at that price.

I bought a gardenline petrol axe from ALDI during one of their sales & it just won't die.

$199, cuts like an angry bastard and 3 years warranty. Kill it and buy another if need at that price.
Same here with Aldi

Went out a couple of weeks ago and my mate told me it wouldn't get through a near 3ft log... i agreed but had a crack.
We were both wrong.

In saying that each time i use it i will pull it apart and give it a clean.

I have killed one of those baumr chainsaws. Was cutting all day now she won't start. Ending up buying a stihl for peace of mind/ reliability.

i went the cheap chinese one $77. have not tried it out yet, hopefully tomorrow, thanks for the help anyway (((-;

Latest posts

Back