First test drve - not what i thought

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAV2795

Reaction score
Hey all,
So im in the market for a new car, currently got a d40 which i've loved! so it was a no brainer to try out the np300. i test drove a manual, and i was actually really disapointed. i felt it had minimal power, especially being twin turbo. Do the autos go better having the extra gear, didnt get to test drive one?
I hoped back in my 128kw d40 and seriously felt it had more grunt.

How does everyone else find them in auto? Cheers

strange, i have a 128kw d40, and have been in a few d23,s. I found the d23 noticeably much more powerful, especially the auto with 7 gears!

Hi Nav2795, I have an auto and it has plenty of grunt very responsive and really goes well. I would be more concerned about the vibration between 95 - 105km/h, already a few that I know off and probably more out there that are either too proud die hard Navara fans or have their audio's too loud and wouldn't realize if their engine fell out. Mine is sadly still in sick bay(3 weeks now), currently driving a SL auto-Demo Loan, it goes very well too but also has the annoying vibration. Make sure you listen for this on your test runs and avoid disappointment. Beautiful car / ride otherwise I will buy one again without the vibration not negotiable. Hope that helps.... I do like loud music too :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply guys, ill definetly test drive an auto to see how that extra gear helps. Appreciate the feedback

I drove a manual Amorok and it felt like it didn’t have as much power as the D40. It got along well, but due to the twin turbo setup didnt give that power surge like the d40 has when the turbo kicks in. Just a different experience. I don’t think it was actually down on overall power from the d40.

Latest posts

Back