zd30 engine noise at 3000rpm

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jased22

Reaction score
Hey guys, I went out for a mud run the other night and since then my car is making a noise at around 3000rpm. Dont think its the turbo as it make full boost before 3000rpm its only at that rpm. It kind of sounds like somethings rubbing while its spinning. Im hopeless at describing sounds lol. Any ideas? My engine got covered in muddy water and my fan belt was squelling for 10 minutes or so while i was out there. I have no idea what it could be

Hey guys, I went out for a mud run the other night and since then my car is making a noise at around 3000rpm. Dont think its the turbo as it make full boost before 3000rpm its only at that rpm. It kind of sounds like somethings rubbing while its spinning. Im hopeless at describing sounds lol. Any ideas? My engine got covered in muddy water and my fan belt was squelling for 10 minutes or so while i was out there. I have no idea what it could be
Check for crap around the tensioner pully.

Hopefully it will only be a bit of mud around the tensioner it is a common isue. Hit it with some wd40 Jase, you'd know if the turbo was about to go, it's best described as a group of fruitbats rooting under your bonnet.

Last edited:
Yeah hopefully its as easy as that. I'll give it a spray this arvo. Haha im glad it doesnt sound like that!

Back