Harrop E-locker front locker install on V6 STX

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
I getting mine dne too but shop is doin it. Got mine dne for $2000 fitted. Lockers was $1400. But the laat price he gave me was $1300 so ill be showing him the quote he gave me. Yes i barter him lol y the hell not haha

I'm taking the cheaper option for now and have just ordered a Spartan auto locker for the rear. I know they can be a bit agricultural but they are cheap. Should fit Spanish STX's, -- hopefully!!!

Ordered one of these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SL-NTITAN-3...el:SL|Make:Nissan&hash=item2a36110fa4&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-Standard-Gear-Spartan-Locker-SL-NTITAN-32-/391432335285

wmSL-NTITAN-32.jpg

**************** Edit ********************

This is even cheaper at $350 US and I reckon it's the same Spartan loker with their own part no. on it.

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/frontier-lunch-box-locker-p-6076.html

-

Last edited:
I finally got around to fit the Spartan locker in the rear. Bought from the U.S part no. SL NTITAN-32. Really happy with the truck now. Climbs hills with ease, now it's dual locked. Not bad for $390 as that's the reason I got it. It should fit any Spanish built Nav D40 with a 10 bolt carrier (ring gear bolts).

IMG_2248.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2251.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone here interested in the Spartan for theirs.? If I get time I will post a better video on a rougher track to show the lockers in action.

-

Great work Raptorthumper, and nice write up also.

Stick some good rubber on her and she will be a weapon.

How do you find the rear auto locker on the tar? any problems, binding ect?

The Spartan in the rear does cause the occasional tire squeal and noises as it clunks away. It would bother some people but I don't care too much, given the improvement off-road. If you drive sedately and coast around tight corners you would forget that you have one. My wife drives mine and it doesn't bother her at all after I told her what the noise was. You will squeal tires if you try to accelerate around a tight corner (or take an uphill tight corner while accelerating).

My opinion is that they probably work better in an auto, in everyday driving as the auto naturally, almost feathers at low load when coasting around corners. If you tried to engine brake into a corner and accelerate out of a corner hard, in a manual (or an auto driven in sports mode) you would get tire squeal. ( but even then its not that bad)

If you are a slow cautious driver you probably would hardly know its fitted.

There is one other positive and that's the ability to do burn outs and donuts in the dirt in 2WD, (with VDC [ABLS] turned off) without the traction control killing the fun. Most people know that you can't totally turn the ABLS off in the new Nav's unless you pull out the ABS fuse from the engine bay. You don't have to if you have a rear locker.

-

Those positives are very important features for me...as the boys trips we do normally end up in a donut comp between toyotas, trikes,the dirt circuit car and my nissan..everyone beats mine due to my dodgy lsd.
Now back to the lokka..i just realized i probably cant fit it to a lsd right?

You can replace an LSD center with a lokka. The LSD part is only in the center, where the spider gears are. All that is replaced when fitting a lokka, so there's no problem there. Just make sure the spline count matches your axles and you're good to go..

You can replace an LSD center with a lokka. The LSD part is only in the center, where the spider gears are. All that is replaced when fitting a lokka, so there's no problem there. Just make sure the spline count matches your axles and you're good to go..

Unfortunately that's not true for the Spartan or Lokka brand. The carrier casting is different and doesn't have big openings to fit the new ratchet side gears.

-

Last edited:
Normally you can split a lsd.it does this so you can rebuild the clutch pack or cones but the carrier housing should be diffrent internally.probably best to rebuild and tighten it up.somthing that locks is much more appealing

Looking at ARB and HARROP datasheets it appears the axles are the same dia and spline count on Thai and Spanish models. You may be able to fit the Spartan in the LSD carrier. Someone would have to compare an open carrier to an LSD, for dimensions.

-

hey ratorthumper, i have a front auto lokka and love it, but i have a couple of concerns about a rear lokka, how has it affected your turning circle especially in tight carparks and tyre wear?
thanks doug

Latest posts

Back