longer rear shocks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rastas dog

Reaction score
Hey people
I want to put 1inch lift extended shackles on my d40 as its sitting a bit nose high with 3inch lift in the front.(Monster rides)
At full flex my shocks seem to be at full open length 560mm, so I'm thinking i won't gain any extra travel with the extended shackles it will just sit a bit higher at ride hight so ill have less down travel

What longer shocks are people running to get the most out of the rear.

Id talk to matty at monster rides bro they may have longer travel shocks for the 40s again longer then ours

Id talk to matty at monster rides bro they may have longer travel shocks for the 40s again longer then ours

Yeah i spoke to him he didn't mention any thing
What height is your rear sitting at mines at 570 with tools for work and 585 no tools

I normally use 590mm shocks when I do a 2" lift
Cheers

And that's also sitting on the road!

Extended length I'm unsure :) yet to find out

thanks zordo what shocks do you use with that open length are they lovells

Yes series 1 Lovell shock
Or Bilsteins
Can do a longer shock if required but you will need new brake lines
Cheers

Thought I might bump this thread as I would really like to know how long you can go in the rear of a D40.
For example I already run a relocated hand brake bracket, longer brake lines, longer bumps etc

Also, does anyone know if a very long shock such as a tripple bypass profender could end up bottoming out under full up travel?

You need to flex up your Navara to get some extended & compressed lengths.
Remember a longer extended shocks is also longer compressed
I normally use 590mm extended as that is the longest you can go with STD brake lines.
I can supply 630mm or 650mm or 700 extended
Cheers

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458764277.965902.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1458764291.872976.jpg

Running Johns reccommend extended rear shocks leafs and extended brake lines

You need to flex up your Navara to get some extended & compressed lengths.
Remember a longer extended shocks is also longer compressed
I normally use 590mm extended as that is the longest you can go with STD brake lines.
I can supply 630mm or 650mm or 700 extended
Cheers

Sorry to butt in Zordo but how does ride quality relate to lift - could you have a decent lift with soft ride . Mine definitely rides much harder after a lift.

My Navara rides much harsher after the lift , i would like decent lift combined with softer ride . Smooth over bumpy roads if thats is possible when lifted. We got a stock 4WD in the family and that rides over bumps much smoother . Question is can you have longer springs but as soft as stock ones.

Sorry to butt in Zordo but how does ride quality relate to lift - could you have a decent lift with soft ride . Mine definitely rides much harder after a lift.

Depends on what leaves you have comfort or heavy duty.
The heavier the leaf the more lift, but harsher ride
What suspension do you have??
Cheers

I ve got EH/D Bluemax ,Bilstein shocks and Dobinson springs - Leaves seem to ride ok , harshness is mostly coming from the front , i am guessing coils might be a touch too heavy. You answered my question - more lift means more harshness .

No it doesn't,

Heavy duty spring means harsh ride

I have HD in the front, but with all my bar work and parts it rides very well.
With out that stuff it would be to rough

I have 650lb eibachs in the front and with the bar it rides great albeit a touch stiff which I prefer for handling. If youre after softer you could go to 550 or 500 at the same length but could start to get a bit wallowy(if that's a word) on the highway or cornering especially with barwork. Its all personal preference. Unfortunately most brands in Aus don't offer much of a range of spring rates (3 or 4 at best) and don't match shock valving to suit. To the OP, I have remote res Radflos in the rear with 8" travel. The shocks are just shy of bottoming out on full up travel but I had to unclip the stock brake lines for full extension.

Latest posts

Back