4.3 - 4.6 regear using QD32 diffs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simeon

Reaction score
Hi all

Just after someone in the know.
I have a 2009 D22 with 33s running what I believe to be 4.3 ratio as that’s what the plate says. As your probably aware 33s slow your roll a bit so I want to swap to 4.6 ratio.
Now from my research VG33 navs have the r200 front and h233 rear diff. The QD32 has r180 front and h233 rear diff. Both are 4.625 ratio apparently.

Now the 09 D22 has ABS, what have you guys done to add the abs to the H233 diff? Are the axle spline counts the same? And can you just swap them over? Or is the abs not done off a ring like other cars? And can it be swapped another way if thats not the case?

Cheers for your help in advance.

you have a yd25 engine?
if so diff will be c200. you can't swap it to a h233. you would need to swap an entire rear end.
not sure how many early d22's had abs, you would need to find one and then hope the sensor and ring are compatible with the rest of the system. also i have no idea if the mounting hardware is the same.

I think that's what he's asking tweake, if the diffs are interchangeable, not just the centres. I can only assume that's why he was asking about abs being compatible.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Easiest way is to have some cogs manufactured to fit your OEM diff by someone who knows what they're doing, like a fitter/turner that makes stuff for the guys that race stockies.

But, even if you get different ratio cogs made up to fit your OEM diff, you will lose top end speed & it will chew through juice.

It's a tiny, detuned 2.5 diesel engine & it's slooooow! (I own one)

My thoughts are that engine mods will get you a lot further than drive chain mods.

Either will cost you a motza.

Much easier to loose the 33's & mod it with smaller tyres.

From memory you could get crown wheel and pinions from the states in different ratios. I don't know if they are still available or not.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

I have bought a Vg33 rear end and front diff, and am taking the path of modifying the housing to accept the abs.

Truck is already fitted with exhaust and had the ecu tuned. Regearing is the only option. The gears will put it back to factory specs given the size of tyres I have. Its no different to running stock tyres and stock ratios once fitted.

I have bought a Vg33 rear end and front diff, and am taking the path of modifying the housing to accept the abs.
hard part will be the rings. no idea if they are a separate piece or part of the axle.
if you can get the rings on then its a case of machine up some sensor mounts and weld them on (without warping the tube!).

Truck is already fitted with exhaust and had the ecu tuned. Regearing is the only option. The gears will put it back to factory specs given the size of tyres I have. Its no different to running stock tyres and stock ratios once fitted.

Sorry, but incorrect.

You've really only just scratched the surface of engine mods ATM. Without more significant modding, you're stuck with what you've got unfortunately.

The engine as is, can only put out so many horses.

Put bigger tyres on & it pretty much shits itself (which of course is why you're asking about gearing)

Changing the gear ratios will get it moving quicker, no argument. But it will die in the arse at highway speeds. And it will drink like a wino at a free lunch.

I used to race bikes. We set the bike up for the course we were racing. Nice tight, windy circuit = the gear ratios that you're talking about, or higher.

A more open circuit meant changing that back cog to get the better speeds on the straights.

BUT, the bike engine/fuel system were very heavily modded & the bike would still pull hard with a bigger cog on the back.

A D22 will never do that without some major engine/fuel system mods.

Latest posts

Back