zd30 surging in 4th and 5th

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cain

Reaction score
Hey

My 06 ZD30 nav has just started to surge when accel in 4th or 5th gear.

I replaced the fuel filter and it hasnt made a difference. Also a full tank of bp ultimate.

But it will not surge in 3rd. Rev out 3rd to 4,800 rpm and it feels smooth then upshift into 4th. bang surge. Even if shifting into 4th at a slow cruise speed it surges.

I think i saw something about egr crud but im not to certain about it. But i will be doing the butterfly and egr mod. Looks real easy and should help with the towing.

Thanks in advance
Conrad.

Hey mate sounds similar to what's goin on with mine, sept mine is 3rd nd 4th nd pretty sure the cause is re neutral position switch starts sending dodgy signal to the injector pump, just ordered one from Nissan for 64$ aud.

Hope that helps you abit

ok guys so i have checked the switch and it was faulty. ordered a new one from nissan after giving them my vin number etc and when i get it home it looks different in that it has 2 wires coming out and only 1 connector but from what i can see the one on the car has 2 wires coming out but has 2 connectors. am i looking at the wrong switch?
he one i am looking at is one back from the speedo cable

Latest posts

Back