replacing QD32 EFI with manual injector pump

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcdwa_tt

Reaction score
Hello everyone
i just purchased a QD32 turbo engine that is EFI.
i would like to replace the EFI system with a cabe type injector pump.
the choices are injector pump from TD27 turbo or injector pump from QD32 non turbo.
alternatively, i was thinking of unbolting the efi part of the qd32 turbo injection pump and replacing it with the cable part of the td27 turbo injector pump.
the problem is that i do not know much about the inner workings of these pumps.
also, i am seeing two electronic parts on the lower part of the qd32 turbo injector pump that have wires jacked into them. so i am looking for information on what they are for before i proceed. has anyone attempted this before?

probably better with the TD27T pump. have to make sure it actually fits first. you may have enough adjustment in it to run it without moding pump. otherwise you will have to get the plunger replaced with bigger one.

i don't think you can mix the mech with the electronic. while they are of the same series i think there is quiet a difference. plus those pumps will be worth keeping in one peice to sell off later. they are worth quite a bit.

diesel injector servicing company suggested that i bring both pumps to them and they will make necessary modifications to td27T pump, using parts from qd32T EFI pump. but their service is costly.
if i find diagrams for both pumps then maybe i can do modifications myself

i'll have to dig the pics out sometime. if its the pump i'm thinking of all they will do is remove the plunger from qd32 one and fit it into the td27 one.
i would just fit the pump and wind the full fuel screw out a bit. i think the td27 is a fairly decent size plunger so fueling is probably not to far off it.

Not sure on the EFI pump but on the TD27 pump the only wire in is for the fuel cut solenoid to stop the engine.

is it possible for me to remove the plunger from the qd32 pump and put it in the td27 pump? or do i hav to allow the injector servicing company to do this. and also, where exactly is the screw to adjust for more fuel?

i wouldn't bother trying to change plunger etc just yet. screw for maxfuel setting should be on the back of the pump, possible under a cover.

i don't know if the boost comp is adjustable on those, thats something else that could do with fine tuneing.

make sure you have egt guage installed.

so far i installed the td27 pump and started engine with it. sounds good so far. still in process of installing engine in the vehicle though. then i will be able to rev and tune the fuel and boost compensator.

hey i got a turbo QD32 JAP import all i did was cahnge the electric inj pump to the original QD32 mechanical pump. I have not yet adjusted the fuel settings on the pump, as im unsure if the screw should be turned in or out 1 full turn to increes the fuel.

so far i installed the td27 pump and started engine with it. sounds good so far. still in process of installing engine in the vehicle though. then i will be able to rev and tune the fuel and boost compensator.
I am in the process of installing a QD32 ETi engine in a 1985 Suzuki Samurai. As the QD32 Eti was only an automatic, I have made a transition plate and adapted a 2010 ford mustang T-5 manual transmission. My goal is to run the engine without using an ECM and of course using manual fuel injection. My question is how did the td27 pump work out? Is that the best solution or should I use the original QD mechanical pump?

I am half way through removing blown td27eti and replacing with a Qd32 [ via Alibarba ] so cost of brand new qd32 was $3,600 all up . Then i bought QD32 turbo mechanical pump also via Alibarba $1,000 all up. I have the engine fitted and started using temporary wiring direct to battery etc. Having trouble finding a place to get 12v while IGN is on to supply IP Its a 96 Terrano.

Latest posts

Back