Help a noob- what can i get

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanish83

Reaction score
Hi All,

Self confessed noob and need some help.

Have a 2013 D40 with stock tyres and rims on. 255/65R17

I have a 2 inch lift and looking for an A/T tyre to upgrade to. Can i goto a 265/70R17? Or do i have to stick with a 255? Is a 265/75R17 doable with the lift?

Apologies again for what are no doubt simple questions.

Cheers!

i can,t see why you can,t go from a 65 to a 75 profile tyre especially after the 2 inch lift. maybe its not a bad idea to go to a tyre shop and get them to show you the size difference between the stock 255 / 65 and the 265 / 75 series. this will; give you more assurence that this size will be ok.

Hi All,

Self confessed noob and need some help.

Have a 2013 D40 with stock tyres and rims on. 255/65R17

I have a 2 inch lift and looking for an A/T tyre to upgrade to. Can i goto a 265/70R17? Or do i have to stick with a 255? Is a 265/75R17 doable with the lift?

Apologies again for what are no doubt simple questions.

Cheers!

Only a baby tyre mate, it will fit without problem.

The only issue that you'd have is the change in odometer and speedo. I'm not going to go into the specifics again, suffice to say that your speedometer NEEDLE is the only inaccurate thing on standard tyres, the ECU is pretty close to the mark on speed and distance. Changing tyre size will make the ECU wrong, but may make the needle look correct. Be aware of this when servicing the car or calculating fuel economy.

275 all terrains look dope on a d40
Handling is choice as too with the low pro fats
Have a look at Toyo at2s and BFG AT ko2s
Come to think of it 285 65s would fit too on 17s

Latest posts

Back