brake pad retaining pins / clips where to find them?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

open roader

Reaction score
Hi my name is Matt, 48 years old and I'm a newcomer to the Navara forum.

I own a 2009 D40 king cab that has been converted to a tipping tray. As part of a middle age promise to myself I'm taking on as much of my own Navara's mechanical servicing as I can perform.

3 months back I had a very heavy emergency braking on a gravel road. Ever since the front driver's side brake has exhibited a squeal under braking at slow speeds.

I'm sick of it and decided to inspect it this past weekend - lifted the caliper off and discovered the lower pad retaining pin clip missing. I removed the disc and cleaned it and the pads, there is very little wear on the disc and no obvious score marks et from the heavy braking event.

I'm now assuming the missing clip / pin thing is allowing the pads to vibrate at ultra high frequency thus causing the brake squeal.

I've search the internet for replacements - there is an entire kit avail on fleaBay and cheap spare pins with very expensive postage from the USA but nothing else.

Aside from doing the tour of the wrecking joints, is there anywhere that sells these things - assuming that a pair of new pads does not come with these pins / clips?

I bought some Bendix pads for mine quite some time back and replaced them myself, pretty sure they came with the plates.

Otherwise a visit to a wrecker would be the best thing. Niss4x4.com.au are down your way, maybe you could give them a hoy and see what they have?

Either that or pm nizzbits and see if he can help you out. He deals with genuine Nissan parts and good prices...

Latest posts

Back