Servicing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maulbeagle

Reaction score
Hi all,

My Navara is well out of warranty at nearly 9 years old, but only about 95000 kms.
My question is regarding which service I should be getting.
Previous mechanics and dealers seem to be just going off the kms and not the time. The last service performed was the 90000 even though that is scheduled at 54 months or 4.5 years. Clearly this is only half of the vehicle's actual life.

Do you guys even bother with logbook servicing at this age, or just use a generic major/minor service schedule at a mechanic ?

Thanks !
Paul

Hey mate, I've done mine myself since the warranty ran out at 3 years old. It's a 2010 model so will be 10 years old this year, approx 125000km on it now.

I work on repacking front hubs every 40k which is in the service schedule, replaced them before 120k which is also specified in the manual (to replace at 120k). As for everything else, I normally do oil and filter around 7500km, some do it every 5000km and some probably run to the manual specified 10000km.

Driveline oils (gearbox, diffs) generally every couple of years (probably around 20-25k km). Brake and clutch fluid every 2 years (in the service manual and generally recommended). Haven't had to do anything with brake pads, discs, shoes or drums yet... Must be light on the brakes :)

Hope that helps a bit ...

As above.

The driving conditions should dictate the frequency and the items being attended to. If you're in dust storms that air filter is going to be miserable after a couple of thousand km. We stopped at a service station (I think it was Stuarts Well Roadhouse) and the bowser was covered in a centimetre of red dust. I did my best to avoid getting any in the tank, but I'll be replacing the fuel filter as soon as I get back (it was replaced just before we left, about 10,000km ago). Because we've been towing the whole way (2.5T van) I'm also changing both diffs, repacking all the wheel bearings, checking the power steering oil (might replace that) and the cabin air filters which would have copped a hammering, especially in the ridiculous dust storm we ran into just out of Parkes where visibility dropped to less than 50 metres (not smoke, it was dust).

I'll also be pressure-washing the underside, paying particular attention to steering and suspension, because that red dust gets into everywhere - I'm emptying the tub, removing the liner and giving that a wash as well.

If you're doing city driving with a light load, you could ease off. But performing the appropriate maintenance is going to make your ride go longer.

Ours (2009 model) has over 340,000km and thankfully has only about 400km to go for this trip - we're at Bathurst for the 12 Hour right now, and heading home (at last!) on Monday.

I should also add, I generally do fuel filter once a year, but I do have a stanadyne pre filter fitted too. Air filter unless in the conditions above I would probably only do once a year too. D22s haven't got cabin filters to worry about so that's one thing....

If you have suspension that needs to be greased, probably the same time as an oil change would do, depending on how harsh the conditions you drive in are. The only factory grease point is on the slip joint on the front driveshaft from memory...

Latest posts

Back