Titan swap

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busiboy

Reaction score
So why don't people here do it, sounds great, more travel, uca issues solved, more lift possible.

Is it the drive shaft extensions?

I think it comes down to the cost of importing the parts, and the legalities of running those parts make it almost impossible to get it engineered.

the cost isnt the issue at all, legality is the issue and the fack that your wheels sit outside your gaurds so you need like 5" extended flairs so its not so easy to hide.

So sorry d40ryan Your right............ as always...............both my points were totally irrelevant

Last edited:
Hmm, might look into it a bit, offset wheel to bring them in, pumped guards, flares . . .

I believe it's 3" per side . .

Ah well here's to dreaming of better suspension

It would be pretty cool to have a stronger driveline and better travel, personally though i think if you add up the cost of the parts, frieght, and the cost and time to do the install plus trying to make it legal i would just SAS it just like 'beno" has done. That way you end up with patrol diffs front and rear, disk brake rear end and all the diff ratios you can think of and all the benefits of a solid axle 4x4.

I've tried looking up this swap and found some info but, what type of car is the Titan? This is yanky obviously!

I've tried looking up this swap and found some info but, what type of car is the Titan? This is yanky obviously!

google dude, pretty easy to look it up

its a full-size pick up truck in america, around the same size as F150s

Hi all,

just checking if anyone is keen on a titan swap, I have started talking with dirtking fabrications for they mid travel kit and if there is more than 3 buyers they will lower the price to USD1900:
http://shop.dirtkingfabrication.com/Mid-Travel-Kit-NFX-S106.htm
all you need then is either the SPR extended axles or the nisstec complete cv (probably more my thoughts)
http://www.nissteclifts.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=59056&category_id=162&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=72
for the rear it is actually cheaper to buy nice EFS and kings+ articulated shackles:redcool:

shocks I am getting quotes from SAW, billstein Icon and may be FOA nothing through yet....

so would anyone be keen for a kit?

also here are cheap fenders to put on:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120943058180?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
:tazzy:

looked into this, the standed titan swap would be too wide and would not get engineered. the other way is titan front diff complete with 4.1 ratio ring and pinion ($1750) 2 v8 pathfinder axles $1040 pair, 4.1 ring and pinion for the rear end $600, $1280 to freight it all to Hobart. that's why no one bothers to do it. 100% legal though

rules are a bit different in Vanuatu which makes it much easier for me! LOL
just waiting for a comparative quote from PRG.....
so in a meantime I bought a 4x4parts megacrawler package as I know I can easily resell it afterwards..
thanks guys

Even if you got wider flares i cant see why you couldn't get it engineered since its only using factory mounting points.....the only problem i see if you use the spacers on the rear diff

rules, rules , rules.....
you could probably achieve similar results/stance ( minus reliability) just with -40 offset rims and bigger tyres...and that could be legal??? it's a weird world...

Finally got my "stage one " for the suspension.... the 4x4parts megacrawler pack....as for now I am not sure I need ttitan travel but do need really good damping and I think the jounceshock bumpstops would really help in absorbing the hard hits on the bumpstops without stiffening the suspension too much....

Latest posts

Back