MAT713's 2012 D22 ST-R

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds great! Never knew whether or not to trust these cheap winches...or any cheap asian stuff for that matter.

Got my Zordo 50mm body lift mod plated today, was a very very easy process!

Popped into TURNER ENGINEERING, they checked over the car for an hour or so - returned to find a nice blue plated stamped and on my firewall all for just $120. Well worth the small fee, not just from a defect / police point of view but also for insurances purposes.

so jealous mate, it looks so neat. I like cars that are like sleepers, simple on the outside but it's guts are pumping.
Hopefully i can get some cash together and do upgrades of my own. KEep up the good work

Last week has been busy with ordering some new gear.

Got a set of 33's coming shortly.

Ordered my XROX bar and should be here any day, then I can mount the new winch up.

Also picked up a BRC quad diff breather kit, Icom 400 UHF, ARB roll pan, wet suit material set covers & all the wiring etc for the 4 door light trick. Hopefully get some time off with my bro and old man and we can knock it all over in a day!

Finally got around to winding the nose of my car up and levelling it out a bit.

Also picked up a new set of 33's for it.

tQadxM3.jpg

SHould also have the bull bar and winch on by sunday!

Yep, 16 x 8 +0 offset - So far after about 400kms of on road driving I havent had any scrubbing yet

Mate, saw ya on the highway northbound to brissy near helensvale yesterday. The nav looks meaner on the road than in photos! Mad props dude specially with the rear bar off looks beasty as. I was in the white STR that was in front of you for ages

Mate, saw ya on the highway northbound to brissy near helensvale yesterday. The nav looks meaner on the road than in photos! Mad props dude specially with the rear bar off looks beasty as. I was in the white STR that was in front of you for ages

Thanks mate! Haha yeah I stuck with ya for most of the way!

Your rig was looking schmick too!

directly off the line up a hill is the only noticeable bit - I still think the real problem is the fly by wire throttle. I've got an AVO kit coming and I'm hoping that helps it off the mark

Yesterday the old man and I had a crack at putting together the XROX bull bar and mounting it up with the new 12,000lbs winch I had sitting around for a while.

First we pulled the bumper off and gave it all a big clean with wax & grease remover.

97s56ke.jpg

Then gave everything a hit with plastidip - I did end up taking the windscreen washer tank off and sprayed it black too.

2WKH4iz.jpg

With a fair bit of fiddling we got the bar together and lined up dead straight to the car.

egCCKgM.jpg

It sits with even gaps across the headlights and doesn't rub on the front grill - it only needed very minor touch ups on some of the holes to line up straight, however the bash plate wasn't even close and took a bit more time. It was nice having the winch work properly straight away!

overall, pretty damn happy.

Last edited:
looks unreal mate, it has a great stance with the 33's. got any photos with the rear bar off and body lift in? I'm pretty certain I'm going to go a body lift in the next couple of weeks. Just wondering how low the tow bar looks to hang?

-Tyler

looks unreal mate, it has a great stance with the 33's. got any photos with the rear bar off and body lift in? I'm pretty certain I'm going to go a body lift in the next couple of weeks. Just wondering how low the tow bar looks to hang?

-Tyler

Yeah I got some snaps today - I fitted up my ARB roll pan plate too, if you were happy to leave the towbar in the standard position its perfect. Simple, neat & does the job.

After lunch I'm gonna have a look at how the towbar looks flipped upside down. I think it will fit pretty well but I may have to sacrifice the ARB roll pan

Attachments

• IMG_0859.jpg
    IMG_0859.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 825
  • IMG_0861.jpg
    IMG_0861.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 1,005
  • IMG_0862.jpg
    IMG_0862.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 778
  • IMG_0863.jpg
    IMG_0863.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 730
I wouldn't modify the towbar, it won't comply with Australian standards once modified so if you have an accident towing something you could be liable for damages ect.

Cheers Mattie the tow bar surprisingly looks pretty good. I had in my head that it would look way to low but it's not bad at all.

I think the gold coast has the largest number of tough d22's around haha.

-Tyler

Latest posts

Back