Go Back   The Navara Forum > D22 > D22 Engine

Old 01-11-2013, 06:47 AM

My Mood:
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trb012 View Post
Ive got an auber in mine as well fits perfect in the little card slot under the radio. The difference in the probes is one has an exposed tip and one is sealed you better off using the sealed tip as over time the exposed ones can become brittle and fall off into your exhaust or turbo.
Cheers for the clarification mate.

From what I have read on the ZD30 patrol forums most people have their probes in the dump pipe either from fear of the probe busting and going through the turbo or fear of making a hole in the manifold. People with their probes in the dump seem get temps from 200-500 and manifold placement results in temps from 300-700. So there seems to be about 100-200 degree drop between measuring positions and if you take that into account when reading the temp from the dump you can be fine I suppose. I read somewhere the ZD30 can handle EGTs of about 600 max if read after the turbo at the dump pipe, which would mean about 700-800 coming straight out of the manifold.

Can anyone confirm that?
Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2013, 10:16 PM

My Mood:

Yeah that sounds right ive got my probe in the dump pipe and set my alarm for 550 degrees. The most ive seen it climb to so far is 490 and that was on a long climb towing my datsun.
O5 D22 STR ZD30 ARB canopy,roof racks,factory ally bar,gme uhf,egr mod,catch can,nissan/airtech snorkle,narva 175 driving lights,xr6 intercooler,265/75/16 maxxis bighorns on dynamic rims, efs 2inch lift,rancho steering dampener and snake brace.iornman bash plates, ext rear diff breather,boost gauge,xforce 3 inch exhaust,auber egt guage,space case in back,tjm compressor,Clarion ipod headunit Pioneer 3 ways in doors.

Old 20-11-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitfish View Post
http://www.auberins.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=231 very good price and are damn accurate. a lot of blokes run these and even some chip companies use these to cut out their chips at high temps. i've got a zd30 and i have my probe in the exhaust manifold. As stated i removed the egr pipe and blanked it off, then fitted my probe into it. I brought a cheap set off ebay for my boost, water and egt. Had I known about the auber ones i would have def got them instead.
Just wondering how far through the plate you put the tip of the probe, and also what sort of readings your getting from that spot... Mine will hopefully be goin in tomorrow ...

Old 20-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Advanced Member

My Mood:
Garage

The tip needs to extend into the zorst gas flow...make sure you get a long one.the depth is then adjustable to suit your manifold and probe placement...if its not in the main flow the temp will be lower..I believe the best place is in the collector just before the turbo..with all 4 pipes meeting there it should be the hottest point.

Old 20-11-2013, 12:12 PM

Ah ok... The probe is about 4 inches long so if I make sure it's in far enough to be in between #4 and # 3 that should be getting fairly accurate readings yeah???
I got the boost gauge hooked up today and with 257000 on the clock and no engine mods done it's still pushing 15 pound boost ...

Old 20-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Advanced Member

My Mood:
Garage

That length will be perfect I'd say..

Tags
chip, egt, exhaust, gauge, probe