hard ride

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonc86

Reaction score
I've had my d22 08 nav for about 5 months now and had noticed the suspension was quite hard. When I first brought it it looked like it it was lifted but the sales man was unsure I now believe it has because my mate got he a set of second hand 285/75/16 muddies and they dont rub. I recently went up duck creek rd with my wife and kid I have desided to soften it becuase it was just way to ruff for them. I was thinking of taking a leaf or two out and putting in air bags in so I can still carry a load and get some ride hight if needed. I have not had much to do with suspension and less to do with air bags if anyone has some tips or hints it would be greatly appreciated

its a work ute
its always going to be a rough ride
you could remove a leaf depending on what springs are fitted
I personally wouldn't fit airbags to leaf springs
I see you are on the gold coast, send zordo a pm or email
he will be able to assist you

Check your tyre air pressure, if you can drop 5 or 10 psi you might be surprised at the difference, it's free to try

I have IM performance springs and shocks. Im about to upgrade to heavy duty because its too SOFT. So dont go too soft mate or it bounces around too much.

I have a steel bullbar and ARB rear bar plus weight in the tray and my 33" spare. You do notice it on highway driving loaded up.

I turfed the original shocks and fitted a set of Bilsteins. It made a world of difference. Still stiff but no where near as harsh.

Greg

When I took it out it droped about 10mm which was the thickness of the spring it sat a bit lower in the back so I cut the spring in the centre with the hole and I cut it about 120mm long and put it on the bottom under the thick strait one with the bolt going through it and it lifted it back to the height it was and the ride is still as soft.

Latest posts

Back