instrument cluster lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tweak'e

Staff member
Reaction score
i had to fix another elecy problem so while i was at it i pulled the cluster and and looked over why the lights where so god darn weak.

there is only 2 backing lights for the cluster and neither is directly behind any gauge. the 2 bulbs are 3 watt but where black as. i swapped them with the 1 watt indicator bulbs and they where almost as bright !

off to the local sparky but they can only get in 2 watt bulbs :(

has anyone changed theirs yet? was it a big difference?

anyone tried LED bulbs?

Na haven't changed em.

Changed all the front globes in the headlights etc but none passed the front end.

How did you go.

Dave.

led crowd emailed a reply. their T5 bulbs have a narrow angle and hence are not suitable. looks like i will have to go find some normal bulbs from somewhere.

Ha ha i think you cursed me! the light above my tacho and temp gaue blew lastnight. Nissan want $25 + for one light bulb!

How did you go sourcing a new one, I did no good with sparko and bursons will continue the search tomorrow.

i saw that. the "T5 Wedge Bulb - 3 x 3050 SMD LED" might do ok. however if it sits the wrong way it will not be all that bright. just about need to open the panel up and fit a reflector in there.

i have not had much luck finding a bulb. nearest i found was 3w xenon t3.5 bulb in USA.

one of the few sources on the net was a couple of USA companies selling 3 watt t3.5 xenon bulbs.
might be worth getting a packet of them in.

i'm wondering why they are so hard to find. i wonder if Nissan got them specially made ?
or are they an item that gives problems so companies stopped making them?

no idea why they just didn't fit T10's which are common as mud especially in that wattage.

HI guys,

im not sure if this question has been covered before so sorry if i asked again.

I just got 2 LED lights for the dash as the standard are crap. i just wana ask for some tips before i start pulling the dash part.

Is it hard? and where/how do i start?

im sure il figure it out but i am also sure il prolly break something in the process haha.

thanks if you guys can give me some tips, il take photos of how i went and the end results =]

Simon

Last edited:
can't quite remember. i think theres a couple of screws up the top. can't remember whats on the bottom. normal theres a screw under the lower panels.
after that unscrew cluster, roll it forward and you should be able to change the bulbs.

please report back on how it turns out. i doubt very much the led's will be as good let alone better. t5's are tiny so hard to get leds that are bright enough. if they are good let me know what led's they are.

well i found these LEDs from ebay that says they give 360 degree of light and claim they are bright so i hope they are but anything is better then the crappy standard ones!

il prolly get it down friday arvo or weekend. i shouldnt take long aye?

Cheers, Simon

i personally find the light from the standard ones ok. i hate to have things too bright distracting me while driving

yer mine are just white back-ground with white lights, i cant see the speedo lol i have to look carefully to see and i think thats a safety issue =]

better to see it cleary and pay more attention to the road hehe

hey guys

got around the changing the lights, costs a total of $13 for 360 degree LEDs.

good investment imo.

the lights are blue now which i tihnk is awesome. easy to do, just abit crappy trying to get the old bulbs out of their bases.

il take afew shots tonight so u guys can see how awesome it is =]

Simon

Latest posts

Back