Diesel chips

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHAT CHIP DO YOU HAVE INSTALLED

• Total voters
Just looked at their website too, hmmm, under Navarra it shows a dyno map from 2006? I wonder!

bit curious hey , but at $ 700 ish its not a bad option , bit for $ 1690.00 i wouldnt touch it , i wish someone would set up a flash tuner with Navara tunes , then you buy the flash tuner , upload your tunes on the hand held device , maybe 3 tunes plus the std tune , when you take it in for services you flash it back to std and vice versa , now thats a system i would be very interested in

Last weekend, Powerflash at the Performance car show in the Melbourne Showgrounds quoted us $749.00 for the Navara and the same price for the partners Golf.

Might have been a show special but looking at his business card, their display and set up, it's a relative new concern so I reckon they'd like the business.
It's just another bloke looking for a buck,the product with hardware costs him little going to a car show to prey on the cashed up is how they make a quid but not for long,Don't be fooled.

I think I'll go for the Unichip product. I can see the merit in putting the ute on the dyno. Don't like the idea of a mail order tune!

Mine was tuned to suit the vehicle and my requirements. That's a standard "chipit" chip. Cost me a grand, including dyno work, tuning etc. Still looking for that dyno sheet :)

Mine was tuned to suit the vehicle and my requirements. That's a standard "chipit" chip. Cost me a grand, including dyno work, tuning etc. Still looking for that dyno sheet :)
They will never give you an accurate dyno but I reckon your van is about 2.6t without the chip it would do it easy but the chip just makes it better and safer.

I got a steinbaeur that is mapped to suit the baudessert exhaust I have and it is very good. Did not worry about a EGT gauge as I think it would only be good for monitoring the temp of the gas, it is also the safest option, also I have the EGR backing plate installed.

I have been crusing around ebay and other sites and trying to get a second hand steinbauer. I have a beaudesert exhaust already, so If i scored one at the right price is it worth getting it remapped to suit or just leave it as it is?

some great views here guys.

My brother in law has a chip it in his new hilux and loves it, mt father in law has a tunit in his prado and loves it.

I have a snorkle, k&n filter fitted, 3" turbo back exhaust with high flow cat and no mufflers will be fitted in a week or two. I am looking at doing the EGR mod in the next week along with the hard pipe from plazmaman.

I cart a bit of weight around with work tools daily and then tow a 1800kg camper regularly. I am just trying to give it a bit more get up and go.

will the exhaust, EGR mod and replacing the rubber intake hose with the hard pipe give me noticeable or significant increase? If so I may not need the chip.

I am paranoid about all the horror story's from fuel system failures and the manufacturer and chip supplier doesn't foot the bill.

Does the EGT monitor have any user functions or is it simply a gauge to see what the temps are? Is it necessary to have it and does it impact on the performance of the chip?

I like the write up about the Chip It chips but the service is absolute rubbish.

I am not referring to the forum sponsor here either.

I looked at the Chip It website and grabbed the contact number from there. I have called the number 3 times a day since Thursday and absolutely no response. I have even tried selecting 1 2 3 4 from the menu options. If its that hard to purchase the chip then how hard is it going to be to get any after sales support. They just seem to want you to purchase from their website, send you the product and then forget all about you.

I like the write up about the Chip It chips but the service is absolute rubbish.

I looked at the Chip It website and grabbed the contact number from there. I have called the number 3 times a day since Thursday and absolutely no response. I have even tried selecting 1 2 3 4 from the menu options. If its that hard to purchase the chip then how hard is it going to be to get any after sales support. They just seem to want you to purchase from their website, send you the product and then forget all about you.
No surprises there :blasign:

Wow
I had a very similar experience with chip it a few weeks ago
I even tried going to there Sydney store
they had moved
couldnt get an actual person on phone
seemed to me all they wanted was my credit card number

Last edited:
They will never give you an accurate dyno but I reckon your van is about 2.6t without the chip it would do it easy but the chip just makes it better and safer.

The dyno sheet was done by the workshop here in hobart who installed it and tuned it. It's about as accurate for my vehicle as you are going to get.

Dead right on the van weight! Close enough anyway... What I've found after experimenting with unplugging the chip is that the ute holds it better on hills with the chip installed. On the flat, gentle undulations, no probs. But it falls off pretty hard on decent hills with the chip unplugged. Tassie, being pretty hilly, means that the chip is more than just a nicety, it makes the whole process of towing much less tiring.

Have been running steinbauer chip for 5 yr set to max 130% ,made a small amount of difference but noticeable on hills . Recently 18 months ago installed a no limit chip as well this made a huge difference set @10 out of 12 ,more so than steinbauer $1300 vs $150 .@110kph egt stays at 400-450 c pre turbo with both chips running .boost max is 24.5 psi .haven't had it dynoed .But have set no limit to higher setting but it made the truck a bitch as the accelerator got really touchy to the point where you could feel cruise control comming on/off the pedal .Also have followin mods map sensor resistor ,egr blocked ,cat removed & free flow muffler ,450x300x100 core intercooler and hardpipes ,airbox muffler removed 90mm pipe to snorkel ,bullbar ,winch, 3.5" lift
With 32" tyres I averaged 12-14 L/per 100k
Would like to get ecu tuned instead of the chips as the chips can only increase fuel
Pressure and extend injector trimming , and some boost
Also have driven a v6 diesel d40 (standard) recently and mine goes the same if not better even with the bigger tyres and accessories

Have been running steinbauer chip for 5 yr set to max 130% ,made a small amount of difference but noticeable on hills . Recently 18 months ago installed a no limit chip as well this made a huge difference set @10 out of 12 ,more so than steinbauer $1300 vs $150 .@110kph egt stays at 400-450 c pre turbo with both chips running .boost max is 24.5 psi .haven't had it dynoed .But have set no limit to higher setting but it made the truck a bitch as the accelerator got really touchy to the point where you could feel cruise control comming on/off the pedal .Also have followin mods map sensor resistor ,egr blocked ,cat removed & free flow muffler ,450x300x100 core intercooler and hardpipes ,airbox muffler removed 90mm pipe to snorkel ,bullbar ,winch, 3.5" lift
With 32" tyres I averaged 12-14 L/per 100k
Would like to get ecu tuned instead of the chips as the chips can only increase fuel
Pressure and extend injector trimming , and some boost
Also have driven a v6 diesel d40 (standard) recently and mine goes the same if not better even with the bigger tyres and accessories
You sure the handbrake wasn't left on when you drove the 550?

its possible to in theory, one changes the length the injector is held open while the other changes the rail pressure.

Latest posts

Back