Can a d40 run more than one chip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drew_man

Reaction score
Okay here is a really silly question as I really don't have my brains when it comes to cars

I have a d40 and I was wondering since a steinbauer chip control timing of the injectors and just plugs in to them and a dp chip increases fuel rail pressure can you run both chips at once in the same car

Or will they fight each other so to speak or will egt be way to high ?

As I said I'm not the best with cars and probably way off but was just thinking about it the other day and wondered

It can and has been done you would be looking at almost 3k worth of chips more than likely you would have high egt's.You would do better with a steinbauer and a good exhaust that would be the safer option.

Depending on the exact make/model of chip, yes it is entirely possible - as long as they are attempting to control different parameters.

The result? Absolutely no idea.

I am already running a steinbauer chip with a 3" exhaust and was just thinking the other day

So if I was to run two chips i might need to use water injection to get egt down

What is the highest egt I would want to see in my d40 in my dump pipe

I have chip,exhaust, k&n pod, egr blocked, catch can, hard intercooler piping

Anything above 600deg c is not good you will find it will climb on long inclines when you put the boot in particularly when towing anything heavy.

I have currently been getting around 350 deg c on the high way doing around 120kmph with my current mods,would be interesting to see what you would get with two chips

Yeah mate thats about normal the larger exhaust will bring them down over a stock exhaust remember the steinbauer won't push as much fuel through as a pressure chip.

I know it's probably a ling shot but have you checked out chipits new dominator chips which control both rail pressure and timing

Wish I had seen the new chipit chips before hand

I just gave DP a call and he wasn't that sure weather the two chips would work together as he recons increasing the fuel rail pressure Also changes the timing of the injectors slightly so wasn't sure if I could work effective

Can I ask a silly question as to why you'd want two chips??
Doesn't the steinbauer deliver enough power?

Steinbauer gave me a fair bit of power and am happy with it but can never not have enough power and I'm always interested in learning and understanding things about cars so I like reaschearing these thinks aswell

Worst thing is I do FIFO work so I get way to much down time to think of silly ideas like this

I've been running 2 chips for quite some time now steinbuer an no limit ,most important is intercooling cos it raises themps dramatically.I'm running a 450x300x100 core cooler and stock exhaust with knocked out cat and hi flow muffler along with other mods EGR,spill valve ,higher boost .Steinbiuer at max setting and no limit @ 9 out of 12. Temps were good at higher settings but accelerator go to touchy do I left it like that.

thanks man good to know some people out there are running two

was it worth putting on two chips ? did you notice the difference ?

No limit $160 gave me a huge difference compared to steinbuer $1200 if I was gonna do it again I would mod exhaustcat & muffler ,egr block ,intercooler upgrade ,no limit chip and up the boost 10c resistor on boost sensor .My current setup I'm gettin g 750c pre turbo .main thig it to get the motor breathing better cooler and exhaust are the biggest restrictions.

Back