New Billet Turbos - Forefront Industries

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you could explain for myself in lamen terms the benefits of changing to your new turbo for the D40?
I have no understanding of turbos and the such haha
cheers

If you could explain for myself in lamen terms the benefits of changing to your new turbo for the D40?
I have no understanding of turbos and the such haha
cheers

see if this helps

They have exhaust improvements but the major work is done in the compressor wheel ( fan at front of turbo that compresses the air to make "Boost" for your motor ) which shares the same technology as basically the best performance turbos on the market .... The compressor wheel flows more air per revolution and does it more easily too.... The compressor has the best blade design available, moves more air and builds boost faster with extended tip technology ( larger exducer which is the part of the compressor that spits the "boost" air out into the motor) and does all this while being lighter then the factory wheel (less mass to spin up)

I'd never want to say bolt it on and get a million horsepower but the points are a cheaper direct fit turbo with a performance edge over a factory unit which makes it a much better car to drive

what does this mean for D40? basically a turbo that will allow for a better vehicle to drive with an increase in torque.

Hey Forefront

Would you have any idea of the efficiency of the stage 3 zd30 turbos. Running 20psi but getting a little film of smoke at WOT when using a heavier mix of water methnol. The standard ht12 looses it around 17-18 (genuine turbo)

would 22 be pointless or achievable

cheers

I'm keen! How long left!

id say about 3 weeks

Hi Forefront,
Please tell me your turbo for the ZD30 can be used to replace my turbo on my QD32ETi?!

If, so I'll have a catchcan too!

they are different turbos ....so will need some changes to be made

Hey Forefront

Would you have any idea of the efficiency of the stage 3 zd30 turbos. Running 20psi but getting a little film of smoke at WOT when using a heavier mix of water methnol. The standard ht12 looses it around 17-18 (genuine turbo)

would 22 be pointless or achievable

cheers

they are only a small turbo so its hard to say.....if stock looses it at 17-18 then 22 should be doable ....whether you want to risk it or not is up to you....as its pushing a small turbo quite hard ( but still nowhere near as hard as the patrol turbo which has a slightly SMALLER compressor wheel)
best bet would be to try before and after air temp sensors

Yes that was one of my concerns, It will be spinning hard, then again a few guys re running yd25's at 25psi.
how do they compare in size to the ht12?

I would love to have an pyro probe in the intake, would make things easier.
the Gt2563rs from AXT could hit 28psi before loosing efficiency.

how many mm is the stage 3 compressor wheel?

Yes that was one of my concerns, It will be spinning hard, then again a few guys re running yd25's at 25psi.
how do they compare in size to the ht12?

I would love to have an pyro probe in the intake, would make things easier.
the Gt2563rs from AXT could hit 28psi before loosing efficiency.

how many mm is the stage 3 compressor wheel?

the zd30 nav turbo has a larger compressor then the yd25 by a decent amount.....I would have a GUESS the smaller yd25 turbo would be WAY out of its efficiency by 25psi

surely a cheap air temp gauge can be bought for your application lawry? Ive never tested it as no one else has ever asked the question

Ok, rephrase: what changes would have to be made to fit your turbo on my QD32ETi? I am really interested in it.

depends what turbo you are running now? but id say custom manifold....or triangle flange welded to manifold and a custom dump

Last edited:
the zd30 nav turbo has a larger compressor then the yd25 by a decent amount.....I would have say the small yd25 turbo would be WAY out of its efficiency by 25psi

I was under the impression the yd25 run 21/22 psi standard. Would winding it up to 25psi be that much more

The turbo your working on, will 25psi be out of its efficiency range. Keen on some dyno runs for D40

After 220k on clock. Mine has lost some of its go

Best regards Justin

I was under the impression the yd25 run 21/22 psi standard. Would winding it up to 25psi be that much more

The turbo your working on, will 25psi be out of its efficiency range. Keen on some dyno runs for D40

After 220k on clock. Mine has lost some of its go

Best regards Justin

to avoid the confusing happening again....please let me know which yd25 you are talking about....as there is HUGE differences between d22 and d40

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back