Biggest wheels d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshLeech

Reaction score
Hey everyone I have got a 2011 d40 Thai built it is about to get 40mm dobinson suspension upgrade. Was just wondering what's the biggest tyres anyone has got under one of these with this amount of lift? Cheers Josh :D

2 answers

#1 without cutting / heat bending / manipulating 265x75x16

#2 with the above ^^^^^^ etc 285x75x16

someone here put Cooper AT/3 275/70R17's on with only a 40mm lift. The different offset and diff width of the Spanish built trucks may make a difference in clearance though

All you have to do is cut the front corner out of your guard and pull the inner guard and and mud flap back. Takes 5 mins each side with tin snips. better then melt heating plastic so you cant even tell its been done.

All you have to do is cut the front corner out of your guard and pull the inner guard and and mud flap back. Takes 5 mins each side with tin snips. better then melt heating plastic so you cant even tell its been done.

I ve done this and run 305/50/20 with 3inch lift no probs.:rock:

Thanks heaps guys! Just wondering with putting such big wheels on did it mess up your gearing?

Yer right awesome! I will have to get my thinking cap on :) thanks guys. So is the offset of the Spain built different to Thai built?

When I was looking at new tyres earlier this year & was told about this issue by the local Beaurepaires I contacted my insurance broker who contacted Allianz who allegedly said there wasn't an issue with size of the tyres but wanted documentation of any modifications done & specified lift & suspension needed to be done by a professional. When I recently left that insurance company & went with Apia, again, there was no issue with the tyre size but they requested documentation of all the mods we were doing

When I was looking at new tyres earlier this year & was told about this issue by the local Beaurepaires I contacted my insurance broker who contacted Allianz who allegedly said there wasn't an issue with size of the tyres but wanted documentation of any modifications done & specified lift & suspension needed to be done by a professional. When I recently left that insurance company & went with Apia, again, there was no issue with the tyre size but they requested documentation of all the mods we were doing

I'd watch what the insurance companies say, they're bound by law so they say that tyre size isn't an issue, but what they my mean is tyre size isn't an issue as long as it's within legal size. I was with AAMI and they told me as long as it's within legal size, then moved to JustCars and they said the same thing.

The guys at Bob Jane looked it up and told me the biggest I could go legally was a 265/70R17, so that's what I have. I'd have loved to run some 285's, but the gain over the risk just wasn't worth it for me

Latest posts

Back