ZD30 fuel pump & ECU/EFi on a QD32ETi?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bestera

Reaction score
Good day all Nissan lovers!
Cannot recall if I have posted here before, but have gotten lots & lots of invaluable info from this forum.
Bvandermaat, Dion and several other forum members builds I actually have in hardcopy.

Well, I've swopped my QD32 motor for a QD32ETi import, but arrived minus the ECU and wiring loom.
We fitted the mechanical pump off the QD32 onto the QD32ETi (effectively making it an QD32Ti).

I still have the electronic diesel pump and have a bad itch to refit it.

The challenge now is to find an OEM or aftermarket ECU & wiring. Only to manage the diesel pump.

Now I am holding thumbs you guys (and gals?) could help me track an OEM or aftermarket ECU & wiring or a shop that could supply?

I was wondering whether a ZD30 ECU would work?

a zd30 pump or ecu won't work. totally different systems, not remotely similar. also zd30 requires injectors that use a lot higher pressure.

i would forget the ecu and wiring and go get a boost comp fitted to the pump and get it tuned. it will be a lot more reliable.

Boost compensator = aneroid? If true, then I've got one fitted.

your good to go then, just tune it up. depending on what the pump is off it may need rebuild or if its close enough just tweak the fuel settings.
darn sight more reliable and cheaper than mucking around with ecu etc.

I can build you a loom for it but you'd need the ecu and the ecu's connector. Try all the jap import houses, might take a few months to come in. Also try trademe, the eti is much more common in NZ

Howzit Tweak'e,
Well, I got hold of this ECUhttp://m.ebay.com.au/itm/230968170377?cmd=VISPEC

If you look at the "Interchange part no." (2371M-VG122) and Google it, it does have many references to it being used with the ZD30DDTI motor. I.e. http://nissan.epc-data.com/elgrand/atwe50/1756-zd30ddti/engine/226/22611/

Unless I'm connecting the wrong dots...what do you think?

:deadhorse:

fark me! don't even bother.
you can't run a zd30 pump on a qd32. all ther ecu have different tunes, the ecu are not easly rewritable, the qd32eti pumps are prone to failure.
the whole thing is fubar.

just stick with mech pump, boost comp and get it built/tuned. it will make far more power, be reliable and 10th of the price.

I can build you a loom for it but you'd need the ecu and the ecu's connector. Try all the jap import houses, might take a few months to come in. Also try trademe, the eti is much more common in NZ

Hi Dion,
Wow, ok! Let's see:
I've got the ECU off a '99 Nissan Elgrand QD32ETi 4x4.
So you'll need the big, square "female" plug that push into the "male" socket of the ECU?

Which sensors will I need you think?
1. MAF (mass air fuel)
2. CAP (crank angle position)
3. TPS (throttle position sensor)
4. What else?

How would I disable all the other "unnecessary" sensors, I.e. ABS, auto gearbox, etc.?

:deadhorse:

fark me! don't even bother.

you can't run a zd30 pump on a qd32. all ther ecu have different tunes, the ecu are not easly rewritable, the qd32eti pumps are prone to failure.

the whole thing is fubar.

just stick with mech pump, boost comp and get it built/tuned. it will make far more power, be reliable and 10th of the price.

Oh, yes, yes, I realise that now. But I do have the original electronic pump for the QD32ETi. Was "thinking" of sourcing a ZD30DDTI ECU, not the pump.
Was hoping the pump for the ZD30 and QD32ETI was similar to make retrofitting the QD32ETI original pump and also ECU and sensors easier. I'm positively battling to find any technical/workshop repair literature on the QD32ETi.

So you recon leave my setup as is then. QD32Ti with mechanical pump and aneroid.

Hmmm, ok. I am going to toy with the ECU and electronic pump though. :)

Latest posts

Back