Another Newbie

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chartrock

Reaction score
G'day one & all,

I'm glad to join a forum devoted to the Navara. I bought a new ST-R D22 in March 07 as a runout model and am happy as a pig in mud with it. It is still bog standard and will probably stay that way (mostly). I have fitted CB radio, tow bar and a canopy and have just finished building a set of drawers in the back. I have been waiting 3 months to have a D-Gas mod fitted but today my deposit was returned with a letter saying the company would no longer be fitting the system. So that idea will be on hold for a while.

We tow an A-van Cruiseliner, ( I traded a Jayco Freedom in on it for economy reasons) and as my wife and I are retired we hit the roads as often as possible. John Williamson wrote a song about us called "Old Farts in Caravan Parks" although we do prefer to 'bush camp' when possible.

I wear a tee-shirt that sums me up. It has the slogan "Adventure before Dementia"

Look forward to seeing some of you on the road.

Paul:36:

Attachments

• Washing Goldilocks.jpg
    Washing Goldilocks.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 26,033
  • Drawers pre carpet.jpg
    Drawers pre carpet.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 88
Nice truck, I like the colour but I had a choice of only white when I bought mine as I needed a car asap and thats all they had.

Good luck on your trips.

Dave.

Gday Chartrock.

Love the pick of Goldilocks getting washed :5:

Looks like you know what your doing with those drawers.

your Nav will no doubt serve you well mate.

Welcome to the forum Chartrock,

If there is a better place to wash a car I don't know it! Excellent work on the drawers also. Bit of a pity about the D-Gas system, on the ZD30 engines the gas makes a pretty good difference to power and it can also improve the economy by a reasonable amount too.

Hope to see you out on the road some time.

Gday Chartrock.

Love the pick of Goldilocks getting washed :5:

Looks like you know what your doing with those drawers.

your Nav will no doubt serve you well mate.

G'day Laith,

That pic was taken in the Gregory River on the way to Lawn Hill NP. It was purely to wash the dust off (no soap) while my mate sat in the creek with a beer in hand, watching.
A great trip up to Isla Gorge, Charters Towers, the Lava Tubes, up to Karumba, over to Lawn Hill, down the dinosaur trail to Longreach then down to Windorah & Quilpie and back to the Gold Coast. Thoroughly recommend it to all.
The drawers took me a few weeks to make but they serve the purpose well. I have photos of the process if any one is interested. All up they cost me less than $500 and that is with a bit of overkill on the size of the steel I used.
You're right, the Nav will serve me well and we look forward to many more trips in it.

Paul

Attachments

• Camp @ Gregory River.jpg
    Camp @ Gregory River.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Wash at Mt Surprise.jpg
    Wash at Mt Surprise.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Karumba Caravan Park.jpg
    Karumba Caravan Park.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 66
Welcome to the forum Chartrock,

If there is a better place to wash a car I don't know it! Excellent work on the drawers also. Bit of a pity about the D-Gas system, on the ZD30 engines the gas makes a pretty good difference to power and it can also improve the economy by a reasonable amount too.

Hope to see you out on the road some time.

Hi Shonky,
You're right about the car wash place but my post answer to Laith shows another at Mt Surprise. They have an automatic setup where you just drive your car (and van) on and it sprays over and under to wash off seed to prevent weed distribution. Works great.
Yeah, it is a shame about the gas system. I would still like to get it done but when the installer says no, he has no confidence in the system, I start to get concerned because we are talking big bucks. I guess it's back to the drawing board and more research.
May be heading south on the next trip. Tossing up between Great Ocean Rd to Adelaide and up to Broken Hill and back home or doing a trip north to chase some barramundi. It's a tough decision but I'll make it.

Paul

I love the pics Paul. I'm only new to 4wdriving (10 days so far) but already been off for a camping trip and some minor off-road stuff. Seeing your pics makes me want to go and pack my bags and hit the bush right now.

G'day Mark,
Welcome to the world of enjoyment. You can pick the way you want to enjoy your fourby from the extreme of some of these guys to the simple enjoyment of towing a van or trailer to a quiet spot in the bush and doing bugger all (my choice).
As for photos, these digital cameras can be a blessing or a curse. I (and probably quite a few other people) could bore you for hours with pix of this great country but every so often I look at a few of them and, like you, get the urge to go.
Just get out there and explore. You will not regret it.

Latest posts

Back