ecu upgrade done

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tweak'e

Staff member
Reaction score
so finally its all done
ecu has new chips, many many thanks to rumpig :rock:

so it has the dump pipe fitted, 2.5" exhaust, forefront intercooler and auber egt gauge (in the egr port). stock boost
quick bit of testing on the flats showed 500c on acceleration with stock ecu.
with upgraded chips it was 550c on the same run.
granted this is on the flats, i expect it to be a lot higher with load on up hills.

the typical zd30 power band has gone. its now much more like a traditional diesel.

zero smoke out of it which is good (cause we can get pinged for smoke).

Good to hear it's back on the road, sounds like you went further than planned, pulling the head and all.

Good to hear it's back on the road, sounds like you went further than planned, pulling the head and all.

not quite.
its actually two different utes.
the new head one we pirated bits off.
the chipped one had a few breakages so it took a bit longer. only thing i have to do on that on is fit some hooks. unfortunately the bull bar mount gets i nthe way. will have to make it fit somehow.

downside is i won't get to see how the chipped one goes under load for a few months. hopefully then i can give some more feedback.

just toying with getting some new injectors for it. at the moment egt's seam cold. even with the chip it doesn't pull like it did new. ecu may have trimmed fuel due to a poor injector.

Latest posts

Back