dash removal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macca

Reaction score
gday everyone, as im new to these nissans im wanting to put my uhf in the spare compartment above the radio, how do i remove the front panel to start,any advice please. its probably easy hay.:victory:

two screws about half way up (look up from the bottom) and two pain in the but clips at the bottom. slip a thin wide screw driver to prise them out.

Here's a pic of mine removed, may help.

IMG_1725Large.jpg

Two screws just above ac controls and 4 clips at the top, as tweake said they are a pain. Oh and take out the ashtrays.

no clips at the top. just pop the bottom clips, jack forward, tilt and the top will come out.

Mine had 4 clips at the top, you can see the rectangles receivers in the pic. They are like a wedge clip, you need to be careful with them because if you force them too hard they can come off the shroud and fall behind the dash, just go slow and they should be fine.

Last edited:
dunno about 4 clips at the top. maybe i just broke mine off to aid easier access ;) the top 2 clips undo by tilting the front cover.

i got to go see why my stero has died so i'll check to see whats what.

thanks guys worked fine,as said 4 clips at top 2 bottom.i fitted the uniden uhf in the dash above the radio but protrudes little as i used the original srew holes in the head unit but looks fine,anyway thanks a bunch.ill post some photos up when i work out how.

ARRRRGGGHHHH! :suicide:

Hey all,

I've spent an hour today trying to remove my dash to see why the stock stereo unit is only sometimes putting out volume.

Anyway, I just cannot get the 2 bottom clips to come undone/release/let go/ungrip or whatever the heck they are supposed to do. I wish manufacturers would stop using these stupid one way clips on dash surrounds, just use screws you idiots.

I tried several screwdrivers, a long thing metal piece, even a .050 feeler gauge strip to get in, but no go. All I have done is chunk up the plastic surround. Any tips on what to do?

I can feel inside the ashtray housing and touch the clip, but can't pull it free.

Thanks
Ray

Attachments

• DSCF4849.jpg
    DSCF4849.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 279
  • DSCF4850.jpg
    DSCF4850.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 259
just put fingers in, feel where it is, slip wide thin screwdriver in under tap. push end down so clip gets pushed up, yank dash forward. repeat other side and hope the other side doesn't pop back in when you do the other side ;)

hey rarwise, as tweak said, try putting your two fingers in where the ashtray goes and with a little force at the same time use the screw driver and gentley prise it off,but they are tite fitting, good luck.....:angry:

All done Macca and Tweak, thanks. Was easy with a bit of guidance, :victory:

Still didn't help with the non working Nissan stereo, the lights are on but no sound comes out. Grrrr. Will upgrade the stereo very soon and do the front and rear door speakers at the same time anyway.

Hoo Roo

Ray

I undid screws and just pulled on plastic, no knives near the dash, I end up slipping. Also I loved how easy everything was to pull apart in the Nav, unlike commodores its all straight forward and had plenty of room for the double din dvd, gps unit and uhf box.

yay just fitted a tx4400 in there . cant believe i got it done with out busting/smashing anything.

Is there meant to be a bulb or bulbs behind the heater and A/C controls to illuminate them at night?

I can't recall ever seeing mine lit up at night since I've had the S/H ute.
Do you undo the screws visible the photo above to change them?
KB

I’m putting a new stereo in over the weekend, so I thought I’d have a crack at removing the centre dash.

I undid the 2 screws and put my fingers in the ashtray holes and pulled and it popped straight out.

Hopefully the rest of the install goes as easy.

Latest posts

Back