Essential gear for camping/4x4

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id rather eat puss from a camels Ass then drink warm beer lol

I wouldn't mind watching that!

I used to know a guy that met his wife while they were both working on an outback station; they were driving into town one day - she's driving & she says pass me a beer. He looks around & all he can see is warm ones rolling around the Ute tray - she says they'll do - he passed her one & she shot gunned it! He tells it that he fell in love there & then! :)

I'm a pomme and I'd agree with you, I'd rather do that than drink warm Aussie beer.......and 80% of Aussie beer cold isn't much better. If you knew how to make beer properly (ale etc) you have flavour there worth tasting as it is you need to keep the cheap ass larger ice cold so it numbs your tongue and prevents the taste buds working:rofl2:

Basic essentials to survive for the trip, if i forget something I make a note and add it to the kit for next time and if I dont use something in the kit I take it out and keep it in the shed if I dont use it in any future trips.

Cheers
Tim

If I'm reading this correctly you're saying that you wash down camel's arse-pus with warm beer?

Or have you (or auto correct) got your then and than all in a muddle? :p

Last edited:
my leatherman, i cant do anything without it, use it at work, home camping, fishing, love the thing

Here's a breakdown of my camping gear,

I run a swag without poles or anything just a rope at the head tied to the bullbar normally, I've got a plastic box full of utensils, detergent, spices, alfoil, fire starters, scourers, toilet paper, salt and oil ect, in the bottom of the the box there is 2 kitty litter trays that I use for washing up, I have a rule to never carry eggs or glass beers on a 4wd trip as they make a rank mess when broken, I have a very comfortable camping chair which is important after driving for up to 32 hours non stop in a d22, I only cook using a fire with an aluminium billy with a spout and an old cast iron fry pan, a big esky with big jugs of frozen drinking water lasts 3 to 6 days (if I have to go more than that I take corned beef and potatoes), 2x25Ljugs of water with a 10L emergency jug in the cab, a first aid kit with meds for diarreah, constipation, sleeping pills, anti histamines, codeine painkillers, sunscreen, aloe Vera, bandages, tweezers, saline and isocol. I have a gransfurs bruks axe and an old jerry entrenching shovel, a sidchrome tool box with all the basic stuff, an led lenser torch and a cheap Bunnings lamp thing with heaps of spare batts in the cab, an inverter with chargers for the iPad, phone, camera ect, a decent sized tarp(not used yet) a Bunch of ropes in a bucket, a bag with 2 snatch straps, 2 d shackles and decent compressor with a tire gauge, and a tiny tackle box with 2 cheap rods behind the back seat. I will take all of this whether I go away over night or for months as you never know if you or someone else will need it, and it only takes me about 10 minutes to pack and 5 minutes to set up or break down the campsite, I also never camp where there is electricity or taps nearby. If I got a mate going I chuck in another swag with an acrylic blanket and a 2nd chair, if I have the missus going I pack the four man tent with the 2 swag mattresses, if I'm camping in snow I will put the 2 swags inside the four man tent.

Last edited:
Extra fuel and water.
Full tool kit.
ERPIRB
Hand held GPS.
Tinned dog and more tinned dog.
Something to light a fire with, I'm a smoker so ok there, always got a lighter.
The list can go on and on. But I always forget some small thing.
For anyone who has had cracked lips (not funny) ya need lip balm.
And the list goes on LOL

Latest posts

Back