D22 0407 and 0707

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
was able to find out what codes the car has and have no clue what to do from here. nissan couldn’t figure it out so i’m pretty much left here on my own. comes back with Crankshaft position sensor and injection pump injection timing control. what could’ve caused this to happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just reset the codes and took for a drive around the block, light came back on and now only displays error code 0707 and 0407 has gone away.

0707 is most commonly caused by air getting in to the fuel pump which throws out the start of injection timing. Put some clear 10mm hose on both sides of the fuel filter and look for air bubbles in the fuel.

0707 is most commonly caused by air getting in to the fuel pump which throws out the start of injection timing. Put some clear 10mm hose on both sides of the fuel filter and look for air bubbles in the fuel.

How can i connect the clear hose? or just completely replace the old hose with clear?

Just insert a clear section temporarily or replace. I was getting 0407 CAS fault. Car was hard to start, cranking heaps with tacho bouncing. One started was fine. Turned out to be the starter causing interference and triggering CAS fault. If this isn't what you as seeing then try rums trick. Pump up primer before starting perhaps also, that may give some indication of air getting in if you need to pump it heaps

Just insert a clear section temporarily or replace. I was getting 0407 CAS fault. Car was hard to start, cranking heaps with tacho bouncing. One started was fine. Turned out to be the starter causing interference and triggering CAS fault. If this isn't what you as seeing then try rums trick. Pump up primer before starting perhaps also, that may give some indication of air getting in if you need to pump it heaps

cheers, the car did have the 0407 and it’s still hard for it to start in the morning

7070 is injection pump failed to achieve timing. commonly caused by blocked up fuel filter or air being sucked into the fuel line. common place is the fuel filter and fuel filter primer.
clear hose is handy trick.
a small trick is to fit a one way in the fuel line back at the tank. that stops fuel draining back to tank and cause hard starts in the morning.
also fitting a diesel lift pump helps a fair bit.
however worse case is its an injection pump issue as the timing piston is known to wear.

with crank sensor check its not full of mud etc. it is known to have issue with interference. i think someone found problems caused by a relay arcing a bit.

How did you go with this? Sorted out?

Only time I have ever had that fault code is from blocked filter/dirty fuel.

Latest posts

Back