EGT gauge reviews/comparo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Krankin

Yes I've searched the egt threads but want one thread SOLEY and ONLY for the purpose of what EGT gauge we are using or have used, what your mate is using, where you got them from, how$$$, do you rate them, pro's/cons...etc.etc.

Go forth and post please.

****mods, if this goes well, maybe a sticky.

Thats the same thing I got from chipit, controls the chip too.
Seems to work, can see the numbers no worries. They just stuck it to the dash on mine with double sided tape which lasted seriously 30 seconds, now its tucked up under the dash waiting til I can be arsed mounting it properly.
I'd prefer a round one with a needle too for no reason other than aesthetics, but it does its job no worries- changes quick too

Go to auberin.com and check out the site. You can hook them up to various sensors and they record peak values and have an alarm function and built in relay which i think is what chipit use to trigger safety mode when the egt's get too high.

This is a great idea... I'm thinking round with a needle too.. Probably vdo but is like to have matching noise and egr.. Where to mount the I don't know..

Yes, have had a gernsy, but cannot see if you can connect multiple thermocouples to the one unit??

This is a great idea... I'm thinking round with a needle too.. Probably vdo but is like to have matching noise and egr.. Where to mount the I don't know..

have checked ot the VDO, but it seem they are all in degF and all the round anologue gauges have scales to 1600 which for my liking is too much....would prefer up say1000, would be a better scale to read from in a 2" round gauge...
hence the reason am looking at the oober gauge...just dont know where to mount it so it looks kinda factory.

Maybe in the centre dash panel. Modify the (what i call the cigarette packet hole) a little Larger to fit the rectangle gauge. Would look nice...

looks like auberin's

got a autoguage which is similar to the racetech one. one major problem is it starts at 200c. for a diesel the gauge was barely reading most of the time.
i tend to use the egt gauge to tell me when i can shut off the engine. my usual shutoff temp is 150c.

Yes, have had a gernsy, but cannot see if you can connect multiple thermocouples to the one unit??

nah, you cant. the only real drawback. itd be nice to have multiple thermocouples or boost sensors on one unit. The only way ican think of is to have multiple sensors going thru a switchboard to the unit, so you could have multiple egts and even water and oil temps and charge-air temps going to one unit, and multiple pressure sensors going to another. Dont quote me tho, its just a hair-brain scheme, but probly worth trying seeing how affordable (and good quality) their sensors are.

I've got auto meter c2 in mine, for not really any reason other than they match the dash perfectly

26102010.jpg

They do different ones with white faces in deg c, but mine is in deg f. Goes up to 1600, the c ones go to 900c. The metric ones are almost the same, but the needles don't have that big black part in the middle of the needle. These ones have a blue led back light, I had to put a resistor in each of the 12v feeds because they were way too bright the way they were. As for cost, I got them off eBay us for around $200 I think, including postage, but that was for egt and boost/vac (that's all they do in the mechanical type in that series). They do a boost only electric one, but its was 0-60psi i think, which is a bit much when stock is only about 17psi, lol. These are mounted in an autron pillar pod, but I have since seen 3 gauge pods on eBay for less than I paid for this one... in saying that, I have had these in for about 18 months now and they work fine.

Last edited:
They just stuck it to the dash on mine with double sided tape which lasted seriously 30 seconds,

OT, but look for stick down 2" velcro. One side to bottom of display and other side to dash, then push down. It was how we fitted a tape player to the old van and it never bounced loose. Downside, major pita to get the tape mark off.

Hi Fella's

I have a digital egt gauge made by Thermoguard.All good
http://www.thermoguard.com.au/

Shane

Shane where abouts did you mount the gauge, and did you use the case they show, Any chance of a photo, After towing a commodore ute on a tandem from melbourne to ballarat with the nav i really would have felt better with a gauge and the i/c i have on order,

He has it mounted in the driver side of the dash against the pillar..

Latest posts

Back