D22 oil leak on sump and timing cover

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevo-evo8

Reaction score
Hi there I'm new on here and i was just after some advice on where possibly my oil leak could be coming from, I brought my d22 around 6 months ago and its been drinking oil ever since like theres no tomorrow, i topped up the oil so it was above maximum level around 1000miles ago, then checked the dipstick the other day and it was dry and no oil on the stick, I noticed oil is saturated all over on the sump also on the cam cover up top! Could this be because the sump gasket is leaking onto the bottom crank pulley and then splashing up top? Or even the crank seal leaking oil?

Cheers steve

Here are a few pics
91ce38e6c3b59867ace7cf2696108445.jpg
16bb8106e301e231674a0f28aa4cd3d8.jpg
8d8a07f6e17d4cdbd7171ec9339fad7a.jpg

:saberfighting:
Hi there I'm new on here and i was just after some advice on where possibly my oil leak could be coming from, I brought my d22 around 6 months ago and its been drinking oil ever since like theres no tomorrow, i topped up the oil so it was above maximum level around 1000miles ago, then checked the dipstick the other day and it was dry and no oil on the stick, I noticed oil is saturated all over on the sump also on the cam cover up top! Could this be because the sump gasket is leaking onto the bottom crank pulley and then splashing up top? Or even the crank seal leaking oil?

Cheers steve

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 79
you realy need to start by giving the engine front ears a good degrease / clean. its very hard to find an oil leak looking at something like you have under the bonnet, sorry but true.

have you done any work on the timing chain area? if someone removed the timing cover, when you reinstall you have to apply some liquid gasket as well or it will leak a bit of oil like that. nothing to worry about but easy enough to fix

Latest posts

Back