turbo timer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavatron

Reaction score
Hey guys, i've read on here alot of you are using turbo timers. I'm pretty keen to fit one on my d22. One thing i was worried about is leaving the truck running at shopping centers etc, is it possible to fit a by pass switch and not use the timer for when i want to turn the truck off and walk away. Do any or all timers have this function?
Also, how much am i looking at to buy and fit? I'm guessing a few hundred $'s should get me out of trouble.

Thanks for your help

most good turbo timers have a bypass switch to turn the vehicle straight off. a must have if the cops pull you over.
also just watch that i think some states your not allowed to leave a vehicle running unattended. kinda defeats the purpose of turbo timer.

most turbo timers have a setting selector for the time u want it to run to. eg: 1, 3 or 5 mins. Then they also have a kill switch whitch overides the timer and shuts the vehicle down.
Theres no worries turning your key off, removing your keys and locking the vehicle to go in somewhere while the vehicle is still running. as long as you lock the car your right.

The timer I had on my D22 was hooked up to the hand brake, it would not operate without the handbrake applied, if I needed to stop the car straight away rather than use the timer I would not apply the handbrake.

I have a Bogaard TT, very easy to install. Has a big 'Stop' button on the front to stop it immediately. Installs nice and neat too.

Attachments

• IMG_2382 [1024x768].JPG
    IMG_2382 [1024x768].JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 100
The timer I had on my D22 was hooked up to the hand brake, it would not operate without the handbrake applied, if I needed to stop the car straight away rather than use the timer I would not apply the handbrake.

The Greddy unit I have is similar. Keeps beeping until you apply the handbrake.

If someone breaks in while the timer is going and disengages the handbrake the engine shuts down.

Dave.

I also have a Bogaard TT, very easy to install yourself. Has a big 'Stop' button on the front to stop it immediately. Installs nice and neat too. Has a few different time settings 1 min, 2 min, 5min etc. Bought mine from a local TJM Megastore for $180 installed it myself, just plug and play type setup, plus an earth, easy as that. You can connect to the hand brake cable if you like but dont need to if not required. Cheers.

Latest posts

Back