My limp mode finally solved

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bpowell79

Reaction score
2007 Navara d40 Spain built. 160000k limped every few months, pull over on off and away we go. Until one time, worse case pull over, no go. Towed. Stretched timing chain, replace with double chain $4500. Still not right, egr valve gone $1000. Nope, all four injectors gone,
$4000. When all said and done $12500 to get repaired. Before I get it back I get “the a/c is not cold needs regas...” since its winter I pass cause I’m broke! A month goes by with pretty trouble free and the limp mode starts again, this time more frequently, no code 90 percent of the time. Sometimes throws a p0093 large fuel leak than disappears after a day. I put up with it for awhile because I’m scared it’s the fuel pump which is another $4500 which I don’t have. Gets worse and starts happening every 10ks, very randomly. Could be taking off, idle, hot, cold. No rhyme or reason! Figure out I don’t even have to pull over anymore. A quick flick of the key back one to shut off the computer but keep the engine running, then flick back, takes it out of limp mode. Take it in, pressure relief valve replaced, computer reset and fuel pump erased and relearned. $550. Few weeks later... limp. Again randomly, increasing frequently over a week, take it back in. Suction control valve and new battery. computer reset, fuel pump relearned. $800. Within 2 days... limp. Every 5ks! Told no idea, have to just start replacing parts. Still throwing the fuel leak code every 15th or so no code. After sifting through every forum possible. I buy the $155 genuine Nissan fuel filter with built in sensor. Install it myself, do the peddle dance to reset the computer and relearn the fuel pump, then I prayed! Next morning 15ks in, limp. Over it. Feel Defeated. Last resort find a Nissan service/workshop Manuel and start reading. Come across the p0093 code page. Top line, if p0093 is displayed first perform diagnoses for p0692 sensor power supply. Interesting! One Symptom of this code. no a/c...... go out to the car follow the wire down to the a/c and feel it swinging in the breeze. They didn’t plug it back in!! Plug it in. Turn the car on. Purring . That’s all it was. A/c ice cold. No one bothered to check it! After spending all that money it simply a plug that was missed. It could of been any of what the Manuel calls sensor services or a frayed wire. So moral of the story, before you buy anything. Check all the sensors because if the computer doesn’t get a response from one it gets confused and starts limping!!

Hope this helps....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man, that's one hell of a process to go through just to find out it was a loose plug. Big karma points for sharing with us here, hopefully it helps someone in the future.

That's the last thing I would have thought of. Bloody hell!

I know I'd be going back to the guys that stuffed with the air con compressor and ask for free servicing for the next 10 years.

Thank you VERY much for sharing. Who'd have thought it - most of us here would have sworn the SCV needed replacing. I know thats what I was thinking!

Thanks guys. All I got from the mechanic when I told him was.... you should of pursued the air con problem earlier!!!! After he replaced perfectly good parts and charge me for his time. Never again. Now I have the workshop manual I’ll be doing the service at home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back