Real world awning difference?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyron

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Some products you should never go cheap, others it is not so bad. I am in the market for an awning, D40 with factory roof racks. No Cage, no canopy.

Just chasing peoples opinions, I am looking for a larger one, that does not NEED pegs. Preferably in Brisbane cause i need to get it before 17th. Figured 4 weeks on the road camping might be nice to have some shade :)

Pricing seems to range from $150 (Tigerz11) to 350 (Opposite Lock). I tent to exclude ARB, from my experience you are paying for the name not the quality (kinda like a Toyota or an iPhone :p)

i have a tigerz and it`s good, you only need to peg it if it`s windy, but remember it`s attached to your truck and if the wind gets to it, it`s gunna belt your paintwork! two pegs isn`t hard work (((-;

i have a tigerz and it`s good, you only need to peg it if it`s windy, but remember it`s attached to your truck and if the wind gets to it, it`s gunna belt your paintwork! two pegs isn`t hard work (((-;

Thanks for the feedback. I would probably peg it all the time, but if it is " free standing" its easier to setup :)

I've got a supercheap ridge ryder one on mine. Haven't had to peg it yet, but I haven't had it open in very high wind.

Iv got a kings awning from 4wd supa centre. Really happy with it. Good quality. Better quality then my mates tjm one that cost him $100 more. Should always peg them down iv seen cars damaged when a gust of wind blows it over the roof

go for the Tiger11 awning, good price and good product. i have a tiger11 and the mate has a Kings , sorry the kings is crap compared to the tiger11 brand.

Thanks Guys

Went with Ironman, they all look the same they had a good price, it also had lights and the guys was really helpfull. Chucked in some mount things for my racks and re soldered and old Anderson plug for me for nothing.

Latest posts

Back