• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Navara Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Chip-it Dominator Mk1 for sale

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

group3j

Reaction score
G'day,

Sold my Nav, so doing a shed clean out:

Item: Chip-It Dominatork Mk1 chip (no EGT controller)
Condition:: Second hand
Price: $400 no freight, $415 with freight
Contact Details: PM or email "3j 'at' nym.hush.com"

Comments:
As mentioned above, I've sold my Nav and purchased an old Patrol which has mechanical rather than electronic injection. In the event it's of interest, the chip came off my Spanish '08 D40 Navara (2.5 turbo diesel,manual). I tried a couple of the various tunes, but settled on Tune 5 as I didn't want to fit the aftermarket fuel pressure limiter.

Comes with:

- Chip (obviously)
- Plug-n-play wiring loom to suit a 2.5 TD D40 of an '08-ish vintage (not sure if they changed or not)
- Print out of the key instructions (came with the chip)
- USB key with soft copy of all the instructions
- EGR blanking plate (never fitted)
- Fuel pressure limiter (never fitted)
- A bunch of cable ties and some other random stuff in a bag I never opened

Again, for clarity, does not come with the EGT module despite it being on the box. It is missing, as I'm using it on the 'trol.

Cheers

19052658901_df5d61871e_z.jpg

Last edited:
Any idea if this works with a D22 yd25?

Cheers, Tom

G'day mate,

Short answer is, I don't think so. I'd expect the wiring looms to be different so it'd be a long way from plug and play. Related, I'd also expect the various sensors to be different in each truck (different voltages, resistances, ranges, etc), so even if you did make your own loom, you'd then need to track down a D22 map for it.
All-in-all, a hell of a lot of effort to make it all work when you could just spend a bit more dough and buy the right thing. :)

Cheers

Last edited:
My old chipit rail and boost chip does...if your half interested id go for it....im kinda keen myself..for $300 its great bang for your buck even on tune 5

Tempted for $300... Does it make a noticeable increase in power output?

Noticeable, yes, however the improvement was general. It improved that idle-to-1500rpm flat spot (thought didn't entirely fix it), gave it more torque and it pulled better higher in the rev range. But I have to emphasis it was generally better, rather than being a mind bending improvement - at least on the tunes I was able to used. There was one tune on there (4 I think) which seemed to give a big increase, however it sent the truck into limp home if you gave it too many revs at full throttle, so I rolled it back to tune 5 (where I originally had it). As I mentioned above, I never fitted the fuel pressure limiter that came with it, which I was told would resolve the issue and make all of the tunes usable with the truck.
In any case, I missed it after I pulled it off the truck prior to selling it.

I should point out that my truck also had a 2.5 inch exhaust, so that may have also played a part.

It sure is Cam!, I thought about it myself in case I drown mine or it dies, but I am going down the remap road next I think. If they can safely manage the same or better output I will be very pleased.

Latest posts

Back