What did you do to your navara today?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Havnt been on here for a while but decided to wire up some PowerPoint's. Run extension lead to inlet when on site and gives power to my compressor inside canopy and also power to outlet to run lead to tools. Also compressor fitting wich runs to compressor and new reverse lights wich I can overide with a switch from camp lights. Thought I'd post if any other tradies might want to get some ideas doing the same.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1434328031409.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1434328031409.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 169
Havnt been on here for a while but decided to wire up some PowerPoint's. Run extension lead to inlet when on site and gives power to my compressor inside canopy and also power to outlet to run lead to tools. Also compressor fitting wich runs to compressor and new reverse lights wich I can overide with a switch from camp lights. Thought I'd post if any other tradies might want to get some ideas doing the same.

Make sure you earth the 230v to the tub of you truck. If a wire was to rub through or get damaged, could liven up your whole truck. I would be putting a 230v circuit breaker inside the canopy somewhere.

Make sure you earth the 230v to the tub of you truck. If a wire was to rub through or get damaged, could liven up your whole truck. I would be putting a 230v circuit breaker inside the canopy somewhere.
Thanks for the advice mate never thought of it to be honest. So you think
Thanks for the advice mate, never thought of it to be honest but wouldn't the safety on whatever box I plugged into trip it out if something was to ever happen anyway?

Thanks for the advice mate never thought of it to be honest. So you think

Thanks for the advice mate, never thought of it to be honest but wouldn't the safety on whatever box I plugged into trip it out if something was to ever happen anyway?

Technically the switch board circuit breaker you plug into WILL trip the circuit BUT if you can't access that to reset it, you will be without power. Think of it like a camper or caravan. They have there own little switch board inside for the 230v power. I suppose it's not super important, wouldn't hurt tho!!

Technically the switch board circuit breaker you plug into WILL trip the circuit BUT if you can't access that to reset it, you will be without power. Think of it like a camper or caravan. They have there own little switch board inside for the 230v power. I suppose it's not super important, wouldn't hurt tho!!
Makes sense, thanks for the input might look into it.

Newbie here, starting small but just finished painting the bullbar, grill, rear bar matte black. Not bad for a plasti dip job! uploadfromtaptalk1434715753928.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1434715790042.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1434715790042.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 137
  • uploadfromtaptalk1434715848131.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1434715848131.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 134
Finally got my 0 offset rims from dynamic wheels really like the look

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1435908232431.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1435908232431.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 156
  • uploadfromtaptalk1435908311148.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1435908311148.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 153
hi shanus, they look great, but what`s wrong with the eyelets on the bullbar? surely if the bullbar is strong enoughly mounted to bolt a winch to, it should be strong enough to anchor to? am i missing something as a newby?

The eyelets are more of a towing/ tie down point rather than a recovery point. I certainly don't want to be snatching from those eyelets when bogged down with the risk of twisting bulbar or worse have a shackle tear through the eyelet. Yes bar is designed to have a winch mounted but snatching forces far outweigh the static load that is applied while winching.

Back