Catch can plus egr blank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John C

Reaction score
Hi
Where in the north side of Brisbane can I get a oil catch can plus a egr blank
except from Super Crap and what is a good one reasonably priced.
I have a 2008 D40 ST-X Spanish Built
Thanks to all in advance

John

Heya John.. I've got a forefront industries catchcan - i was happy with the small size at $100 express delivered ( a little over 18 hrs)
www.forefrontindustries.com.au Jamie was happy to help
and i made up a blanking plate out of a 2mm piece of flat steel that i cut to size - fairly simply done if your happy to dig in with a couple power tools

Last edited:
Catchcan

Hi Manning

Sorry I haven't replied sooner but have been away. Have just now ordered a small universal catch can from Forefront Industries as for erg blank I have some 2mm high grade stainless steel so will attempt to make one, there is enough stainless steel to make about 6 of them

Regards
John

you can buy good 1.5 mm stainless egr blanking plates from ebay sellers for around $10 delivered, stuff making one at that price.

No problem at all John, you wont regret the decision. .
Very easy to do the blank - you could pay for someone elses work but if you have the steel..
I'll take a couple pix of my can setup tomorrow if you'd like.
Let me know ifi can be any help

catch can

thanks manning a couple of pics would be good as I am wandering where the best place to put it

John

Its 100% optional mate but mainly limited to where you have some room.
I liked the space on the passenger side up the back as both hoses (in & out) where kept fairly short but also straight with a slight decent from the 'case to the 'can ( hoping to keep oil running downhill)
To hold it where it needed to be i found at work an L shaped peice of steel.. i think to hold a garage door motor to the ceiling ( try make it out in the second picture). It had longer holes ready to go and threw a bolt into a factory thread in there.. used a reducer from the drain, ran it down about 300mm into behind the front strut tower to a petcock valve. When I'm to drain ill hook up another peice of hose and flip the switch, let it sit there overnight and clean out the internal filter..
hope this makes some sense and is readable.

Also i forgot to mention, be wary of loose or or hoses that rattle about.. try and keep them clear or maybe tie them together and to something stable.. just so they dont rub holes in the hoses.. just my other 2cents

Hi Manning

Sorry I haven't replied sooner but have been away. Have just now ordered a small universal catch can from Forefront Industries as for erg blank I have some 2mm high grade stainless steel so will attempt to make one, there is enough stainless steel to make about 6 of them

Regards
John

block it off on both ends. the egr has a cooling pipe running through it. if it splits, wheres that coolant going to go.

Hi Manning
Just received catch can from forefront industries. and thanks for the photos, I can see where you have mounted yours I seem to have very little room where you have mounted yours but will play around and see where it will go, like the L shape bracket idea will post pics when its up and running

John

It was DEFINETLY a squeeze, but it's in, its sturdy and it wont have to move.. easy enough to reach to remover filter and the petcock valve at just over wheel hight is easy again to drain

Latest posts

Back