Nissan Paint Quality standards

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been trying to get Nissan to fix the paint on my 06/07 D40 Navara. When I took delivery I found a few minor imperfections in the paint. Rather obvious ones actually. Upon closer inspection that number went way over 100 with things like what looked like extra paint blobs, hairs, and just general crap in the paintwork.
18 months later and I have finally been told their final word. Nissan trucks have lower paint quality standards than their cars or people movers . So basically the paint on a Pathfinder would be better quality than a Navara.
Not a flunky telling me this but a Customer Service Manager.

My truck so far has had new paint applied to
Bonnet
Right Front Guard
Front Valence
Some of the roof ( where there was no pint in the gutter rail )
Part of the rear left guard ( no paint in the wheel arech above the mud flap)
Tailgate ( well some of it anyway)

The rest of the truck has been rubbed back and had the snot buffed out of it.

So now they are saying that they will not do any more work on the truck and that painting part of a panel is perfectly acceptable .

So now I have paid out well over $50,000 for a Midnight Black Nissan Navara D40 with different amounts of paint on at least 1/3 of the truck and the rest of the truck so heavily buffed that it apparently might buff through if anyone tried to buff it again.Oh yeah the amount of swirl in the paint would make anyone happy.

All the work was carried out on Nissans behalf by some panel shop in Melbourne. So if someone knows who this company is please let me know as Nissan doesnt seem to want to part with this information.
Happy you bet I am !

If anyone from Nissan is reading this and can prove me wrong then please do.

wow, very sorry to hear about your troubles. It's very poor form when manufacturers don't stand behind the quality of their products.

Well the good news is Nissan actually rang me back today and told me to start getting some quotes to possibly get the repairs done.

Bad news is I visited what I think are the 3 best paint shops in town and guess what Noone wants to even attempt the job. They all agree that whoever did the work down in melbourne for Nissan are a bunch of cowboys and have wrecked the paint on my truck. However they dont have the time to do the job and wouldnt even wanna start.
About the only way anyone will start to even think about this job is if someone writes them a blank cheque as noone knows how long it would take and what they will find when they get under the paint etc

Last edited:
nissan must have a history of not paying.

might pay to suggest you will pay for it and then get nissan to pay you. nissan won't like it because usually they would get it done far cheaper than what you would have to pay.

The paint work is gonna be hard to match up. Have the rest of the panels been painted at different times to each other ?

Dave.

matching up should not be a problem. i've had a few repairs done to another vechile and you cannot tell where it was repainted and thats several years apart on a 10 year old vechile.

Latest posts

Back