Blowing black smoke in engine bay

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pecky

Reaction score
My NP300 is blowing black smoke from the engine bay. No oil leaks. Can you please offer some information if you have any idea. DPF filter, Exhaust manifold leak etc? Not sure where to start looking. Its not coming out the exhaust tailpipe , its coming from the engine block itself which i dont understand. Thankyou if you can help in any way

Last edited:
No its not under warranty anymore. I will be taking to Nissan if i am not able to get some information from anyone on here. Cheers

Its random as hell. That is why i cant figure it out. Thanks for your help though i never looked for a soot trail. Cheers

You don't really need to make 3 separate threads on the topic but anyway...

Could be exhaust manifold to head gasket or manifold to turbo gasket. Could be turbo to dump pipe gasket. Could be EGR system gaskets. As mentioned above, there should be soot marks where the leak is, so that's what I'd be looking for first.

If you can't find it yourself and do end up taking it to someone, I would probably take it to an independent mechanic rather than Nissan. They will be a lot more reasonable in cost and do the same if not a better job at fixing it than what Nissan would do...

Latest posts

Back