What dont you like about your Navara.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A small rattle which i believe is the clutch fork after talking to a few people in the know. The fact that it was over 40,000 and it doesnt have a decent radio or sat nav.

Squeaky clutch fork pivot, gotta pull the box to fix it, not gonna happen till the clutch is shot.

Front wheel bearing adjusters, always half way on the screws between a little too tight and a little too loose.

IFS! First trip out off road, stick jumped up and stabbed the outer driver side CV boot, 5 hour job to fix that involved dropping the lower wishbone, been told since it's easier to split the ball joints and pull the steering knuckle off to get the shaft out. Also it should have come with live front axle. :18:

Bottom radiator hose, 3 pieces and it's a mile long, and $120 to buy the 3 from Nissan, haven't had a chance to check elsewhere yet.

Paint, it might be alright on solid colours, but the metallics are super thin, scratches almost always go down to the undercoat.

Rear drum brakes, would prefer discs but the utes are the same, be they D22, D40, Hilux, Triton or BT-50/Ranger.

I'm sure I can think of more after I put the 3" exhaust on this weekend (providing it is delivered).

lower first gear and lower low range. bloody hard to take off with a load on.
6 speed box in the D22
better rear springs
better clutch
get rid of silly idler pully bearing setup
close up the holes in the guard so water doesn't get into the intake
fix the sealtbelt so they retract
the doors that won't shut unless the window is open.
get rid of the bench seat in the single cab. the centre seat is barly big enough for a baby. would rather have better seats (its hell on my back).
replace the flat mirrors with curved ones and ave truck type mirrors as optoin.
have heated mirrors.

get rid of silly idler pully bearing setup

Funny you should mention that, I improved my one, it is now a double bearing setup rather than the single one, mine started making a noise, rather than getting genuine Nissan I went to the local bearing supply and bought 2 thinner bearings and stacked them together in the pulley.

I wouldn't give up the serpentine belt any day for V belts, the serpentine belts last a whole lot longer and never need adjusting thanks to the tensioner.

The only thing's I dont like is the 1970's style air con control's.

Give us climate control.

Australian buyers dont get the option of the factory rear diff lock.

Dave.

with the idler pulley, there is no cover to stop the crap getting into the bearing :( you can't even get a genuine nissan bearing, you have to buy the whole tensioner pulley setup !

yeah aircon is lame, certainly could do with something better.

ahh where do i start,
the motor
the weak transfer chain
weak cvs
weak front diff
lack of solid axle and front locker options!
holes in the floor of the cab that arent needed
Fake speaker slots in the rear doors instead of speakers
no low tie down points in the tray
horrible customer service
im sure theres more.......but i wouldnt trade it for any other dual cab on the market :biggrin:

For a STR you would think you would get climate control, option for diff lock, radio controls on the steering wheel, and a fuel calculator...

I love the D40 STR, but I am disapointed in it's lack of features for a 50K ute...
Interestly the yank versions have all the above (not sure about radio controlls on the wheel)

Last edited:
I really hate the front seat belts not retracting and getting jammed almost everytime someone closes the front doors, or having to open the door to get the seat belt out from between the door and seat if it does retract. Oh, and my mates complain about the lack of rear leg room.

I guess I have got use to some the things mentioned here as I would not have thought of them but do suffer from some.

Love my ute but the thing is too damn long. Ramp over angle aside, take it into a carpark and it becomes frustrating very quickly. Also having the sump hang lower than the crossmember wasn't Nissans brightest idea. And do I need to mention the different wheel stud pattern, what a pain in the butt!!!

Love my ute but the thing is too damn long. Ramp over angle aside, take it into a carpark and it becomes frustrating very quickly. Also having the sump hang lower than the crossmember wasn't Nissans brightest idea. And do I need to mention the different wheel stud pattern, what a pain in the butt!!!

what different wheel stud pattern? i thought they all have the standard 6 stud rims?

same as a bunch of the toyotas, they got 6 studders.

what i dont like is the suspension and the weak as piss engine

The only thing's I dont like is the 1970's style air con control's.

Give us climate control.

Have to say I disagree with this one, out of personal preference. In my other car, which has climate control, there is no way to set it to ventilate the cabin without heating the air, but not turn on the air con compressor, so I find that the compressor comes on even when there is a very slight difference in temp between desired inside and actual outside, ruining my fuel economy. I like the basic controls where you get to do it all yourself.

Things I don't like:

Noisy in the cab.
Stupid trans and FD gearing.
Gutless motor.
Weak fifth gear.
Small front diff.

Everything else is completely perfect. :big_smile:

I hate the shitty job the pre-delivery jockeys did on my tonneau. Looking at other Navs with soft tonneau's I'm sure there is no two the same, the plastic tub clips are all in different spots.

Latest posts

Back