Howdy from wa

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grawa

Reaction score
Hi all ! not a new 4x4er,just getting back to mainstream mobility with a new d22 str next week after a 10 month Great Wall hiatus. Cant beat the deal on the d22 at the mo', feels like an old friend with all that lo tech dash. Will be fitted with arb canopy and steel bullbar,gen towbar and roof racks. Have Roo lights from my last Ranger and uhf and an awning to hang off the racks,and my favourite colour, WHITE, no more silly colours !!!! looking forward to hanging the camper on the back and doing some weekends away.
Graham

G'day and welcome Graham, D22 great choice, yep lo tech but as they say "if it aint broke don't f*#k with it"...

Great Wall opinion

Hi Dion !
I would have thought the fact I am getting out of it would say it all. Truthfully though it has some good points. It is good around town,visibility,economy and quite comfortable,however I landed a "friday" unit and had electrical gremlins continuously as well as bypassing clutch m/cyl,faulty p/str pump and rack and corrosion was becoming obvious. Off road in standard trim they are really quite good,off road here is all beach and dune. Had lifted mine 40mm in the front and that was all. Some owners have had a worse run than myself others are really wrapt, but I feel its a bit of a lottery as to what you end up with. A bit like the other players,they may improve in time. I was fortunate to have a good dealer,but backup from GW is very slow and parts holding in Aus is meagre. Would I recomend a GW,not likely.
Rgds Graham

Well I shifted the way I move today,picked up the str and after the GW debacle I feel very relaxed. Straight on the beach with less than 100km on the clock,felt like an old friend. Looking forward to a long association.

Latest posts

Back